fenceman 16-Mar-17
Westksbowhunter 16-Mar-17
Thornton 17-Mar-17
Scooby-doo 18-Mar-17
Dafish 20-Mar-17
ks chas 23-Mar-17
ks chas 23-Mar-17
16-Mar-17
I have the opportunity to purchase a 9 cabin inn in central Kansas. It is located next to a lake & public hunting area that produces many deer. I'm looking to see if there's anyone else out there that might be interested in partnering up with me on it. It makes money without hardly any marketing, but it has great potential with just a little advertising. Pm me for more info.

16-Mar-17
Is it in Downs?

16-Mar-17
Hunting traffic can be very sporadic in Ks and I would think twice before entering this business.

16-Mar-17
Hunting traffic???How about not knowing your business partner!!??!!!! If it takes a partner and you need an internet search to find one I would suggest the timing isn't correct....just trying to be helpful.

16-Mar-17
"The only ship that won't sail is a partnership." -Dave Ramsey

Joint Venture (you the owners of two separate companies who are working under one legal entity). Joint ventures are much easier to manage than partnerships if you ever decide to part ways and do your own thing.

For example if we were in a partnership while you were married and then you get divorced and your Ex-wife get's 1/2 your worth....guess what now there are 3 partners in that partnership....and I don't want to be in business with the other guys wife! That is just one of many real examples on how partnerships can become a real burden.

16-Mar-17
Ok, if all you want to do is bitch, go to another thread. I have an opportunity and was just looking for someone that might have the same interest. It is an established "motel" with separate cabins. It is not only for hunting or fishing. Yes, Charlie, it's what you think. You and your son interested? Would go good with the store.

16-Mar-17
I thought you had to be from another country to own hotels in this state???????????

17-Mar-17
I've mowed 5 different motels over the last 10 years. Over that time I've come to know several owners and watched motels transition from corporate to franchise to private owned. There is a lot of overhead and high turnover with employees. The town I live in has a refinery which contracts out of state workers frequently. It also has a large lake with thousands of huntable acres and hosts the governor's one shot turkey hunt. Even with all that potential client base there are times every year that are "dry spells" in the business. I've noticed that if no buyers from India are interested, then the motel will be a flop.

18-Mar-17
Now if you could find a lease with deer hunting, pheasant, waterfowl and fishing you would be golden! Shawn

20-Mar-17
I got a call from a guy back in the early 90's wanting too know if I wanted to buy his convenience/sporting goods store and cabins. The more I talked to him the more he let out that he has no time to hunt and fish. Also when he hired people so he could hunt and fish, he lost more money then he made, cause he was paying wages. He said it takes a lot of time and work. So I passed. Now if a person was retired and a people person who did not hunt or fish, it might be the thing to do. That's why I do not work at a Cabela's or Bass Pro cause they want you to work during the best times to hunt n fish. Back in the day I turned Rusty's down several times.

23-Mar-17
Ken I don't think I would be interested. Last week I bought the house across from me to use as a vacation rental.

23-Mar-17
Genesis we had supper with Drew Monday evening in your home town.

• Sitka Gear