Kansas Hunting Inn
Georgia
Contributors to this thread:
fenceman 16-Mar-17
smoke 02-Nov-17
Billbe 21-Dec-17
Killinstuff 25-Jan-18
16-Mar-17
I have the opportunity to purchase a 9 cabin inn for a great price in North Central Kansas. I have been staying at this inn for the last 10 years Now the owner has moved to Colorado and wants to sell. It makes money with very little marketing and has the potential to make much more. It sits next to one of the best walleye and crappie lakes in the Midwest, and has a 12,000 acres public hunting area within walking distance. I'm looking to see if there is anyone who may want to partner up with me. Pm me.

02-Nov-17
What part of Kansas, unit county, town? I have been to Kansas every year since 1991. I hunt in unit 17? I may be interested depending on the scenario?

21-Dec-17
yes, need a few details?

25-Jan-18
I'm not much for hotels and I travel a lot for work and fun. I'd rather stay in a home and I think that's the future for the traveling sportsman and most other folks who are younger (I am not younger) who travel. I look at AirBnB, Craigslist and other sites if I stay more than a night anywhere before I look for a hotel/motel. It's cheaper and way nicer. I can cook, wash my clothes, let the dogs out by just siding open the door and I don't have drunks being loud outside my door at 3 am I have to personally tend to.

If you buy an inn or any business the first thing you need to look at is at what point is it going to start to be a profit instead of an expense. Will it be 10 years before you break even on what you paid, expenses, taxes or 20 years? After 20 years what are you gong to have? Hotels/Inns not part of a chain is a tough go and I'd really dig into why the guy who owns the place you like is leaving. I mean dig deep if you can. What's wrong? I'd think there's a red flag there by I question everything by nature. There's a reason so many small hotels smell like curry. Honestly, Western KS is full of homes for sale you can sign up on something like AirBnb where you can cover your monthly expenses while you property slowly creeps up in value (western KS isn't exactly a gold boom) and block out the times you want to use the hime for your fun.

My 2 cents, true value maybe half that most days at best.

• Sitka Gear