gobbler 17-Mar-17
Babysaph 18-Mar-17
gobbler 18-Mar-17
Ron Miller 19-Mar-17
gobbler 19-Mar-17
Ron Miller 19-Mar-17
Babysaph 19-Mar-17
16-Mar-17
On a lighter note, let's all try to introduce youth to archery this year. It's essential to the continuation of the sport.

Could be as simple as passing down some gear.

16-Mar-17
I'll one up you. Let's all try to introduce a youth to BOW HUNTING!! I'm not convinced that just introducing them to archery is getting it done. It's like taking a kid out to shoot a .22 , but not taking them hunting with it.

There's a world of difference between shooting a bow and going out and using a bow to harvest an animal. Archery does not automatically make one a bowhunter.

Archers don't buy hunting licenses. Bowhunters do.

16-Mar-17
Great point!

16-Mar-17
Agreed. But they won't stay interested unless they can kill a record book buck like on tv:)

16-Mar-17
No, I think most new hunters are more than happy with a mature 4+ year old buck regardless of score.

17-Mar-17
Most new hunters should be happy with a doe or any harvest. A lot of Hunter retention is due to lick of interest from not seeing quality game, having other activities, no time, etc.

17-Mar-17
Sunday is right. They just need action. I get that. I think they should get involved in squirrel hunting first. Lots of action.

17-Mar-17
That's how I started

18-Mar-17
Me too. I still love to hunt em.

18-Mar-17
I haven't for several years. I don't like to wander around farm shooting before bow season opens.

19-Mar-17
Gobbler, that's why you go hunt other peoples places ! lol

19-Mar-17
Good point!

19-Mar-17
That's what I do, lol, just like going out calling in turkeys before Spring Gobbler season, you always go places you're not going to hunt ! lol

19-Mar-17
I do too Ron. Lol.

• Sitka Gear