buc i 313 23-Mar-17
Jody Maddock 29-Mar-17
BC 15-Apr-17
Tunatub 23-Sep-17
Bowhunting 5C 25-Sep-17
BSKED (mobile) 25-Sep-17
bill v 28-Sep-17
18-Mar-17
Just wanted to post a message that Dan Neebe has closed Bow For It archery effective today. Sadly this came as a surprise to me this morning when I checked his website to verify his hours today before I took a trip over. I don't have all the details, but apparently someone purchased all of Dan's inventory with the intentions I assume of opening a store. More information will follow soon I'm sure.

As for Dan I wish him well in retirement. He was the best at what he did....in my eyes anyway. He and all his staff are honest, fair, and incredibly knowledgeable....what else could you ask for.

I hope this helps anyone from wasting a trip to the store if they haven't checked the website.

Dave

18-Mar-17
SEE Bob &AJ's archery shop on Municipal rd in Tinacum

18-Mar-17

18-Mar-17
Bob & AJ's Archery World 89 Municipal Rd., Pipersville, Pennsylvania 18947

18-Mar-17
Heard that AJ was opening a shop.

Dan Neebe, Yes, All of us UBPers and all bowhunters in Pa owe him the best wishes. Dan is a charter member of the UBP. and a large figure in the archery world here in S E Pa. Thanks Dan! and Good Wishes to you.

Saw a few old pictures last weekend at the UBP banquet of Dan and a bunch of the other charter members

Bill V

19-Mar-17
Will Bob & AJ'S be a shop for traditional archers as well?

19-Mar-17
I spoke to AJ yesterday and asked the same question. Because he acquired all of Dan's inventory in the purchase he said he will have a large variety of traditional equipment available. He also said that he was in the process of bringing someone on board that specializes in traditional archery.

It sounded to me like there main focus to date is compounds, etc. Living in lower bucks traditional archery shops within a reasonable distance are impossible to find. I enjoy supporting the local business so hopefully something comes up.

If anyone has any other hidden gem's in the lower bucks area I'm not aware off please let me know.

Dave

20-Mar-17
Having worked for Dan for 20 years, I can appreciate the dedication it took to build his business to where it was. Dan was a teacher of kids, archers, and life experiences. I wish him nothing but the best as he moves forward into full retirement. BSked

20-Mar-17
Having worked for Dan for 20 years, I can appreciate the dedication it took to build his business to where it was. Dan was a teacher of kids, archers, and life experiences. I wish him nothing but the best as he moves forward into full retirement. BSked

20-Mar-17
Wow, what a shocker. I just popped in a few weeks ago to see Dan and they were pretty busy for a weeknight in February. I am speechless, as I trusted Dan with my equipment more than anyone and highly valued his guidance over the years. I've gone to Dan for all of my archery needs my entire archery life and really don't even know how to begin dealing with someone else. Enough about me......Dan, enjoy retirement and get up after those big trout at SHGFFA. It's about time you worry about you instead of everyone else. Good luck.

20-Mar-17
I have one friend and one acquaintance that own bow shops. Bow sales and accessories have drop off.. They believe It's because of the xbows. They believe that guys buy xbows and just site them in and really don't practice much with then as you really don't have to. A dozen bolts last for years and they don't upgrade, have the same xbow for years. Very few ever come in to shoot the 3d shoots like compound guys do. Myself I have never seen xbow at a 3d shoot. They say that they see xbow guys loaning there xbow out to friends,, as one size fits all.. So I believe that xbows are starting to kill bow shops.

20-Mar-17
JMHO,

I think the "Big Box Stores" have really hurt the independent shops more than anything.

Of course all of us (self included) has picked up an item or two when going to "Big Box Store" for clothing, or to purchase something else.

This along with a lot of bow-hunter's who fail to encourage new hunters to go to the "small archery shops" especially when first beginning to be involved and just starting out.

Sad, the "Old Shops", used to be the place for expert advise, recommendation's, EXPERT FITTING for a bow and your first arrows including a place to practice if the yard was not an option.

Crossbow's ?

Perhaps not as much to blame, they just seem to be the easiest and most obvious to blame.

Much like the early opinions of the compound bow, when the "Archery Shop" was indeed the place for Archers, and Hunter's to gear up.

I never had the pleasure or the privilege to meet this gentleman or visit his shop. This said, I am impressed with the kind words written of him. His devotion to archery is evident by his longevity.

Thank you, Dan.

Best of luck in your retirement, and may you enjoy many, many wonderful years of leisure and hunting.

21-Mar-17
Certainly don't want to speak for Dan, but I don't think the bigger box stores we the reason for his retirement. He had a pretty robust business even when cabelas, bass pro and others became players in the close proximity. He didn't sell much in clothing, etc. so those type of items didn't hurt him. I honestly think that with some health issues that he had experienced in the last few years, it was just time to reduce the work load. He was a full time teacher, and did this full time while teaching. He retired from teaching and continued to do this. His wife was also active in the business, so I'm sure it is a needed break. They can spend more time with their daughter and grand child. Bsked

21-Mar-17
BSKED,

I did not mean to imply the big box stores were the reason (cause) of Dan's, retirement. I was merely stating, in MHO big box stores in general have hurt the small shop business. Please review post in it's entirety.

Thank you for the update regarding Dan's, retirement.

I will add / extend well wishes to include good health to him and his wife in his retirement.

22-Mar-17
Buc Wasn't implying anything. Just stating why I believe he retired. No doubt that the big box stores have hurt others shops/ stores. Wasn't looking for a debate, just stating why I believe he retired. Have a Great day! BSked

22-Mar-17
There's one thing you can't buy in a big box store .... Dan's craftsmanship!!! He's the only guy that could replace a set of limbs and cables and have your bow shooting the same way as when you handed it to him. When you find a good pro shop, make sure you support them and spread the word! Enjoy your retirement Dan!!!

23-Mar-17
Bsked, Wasn't looking for a debate either.

Thanks for the "Have a Great day", The same back to you !

Buc i 313

29-Mar-17
God Bless Dan Neebe. He is the very best. I am grateful for all he did for me and bowhunting.

Jody Maddock

15-Apr-17
Dan is a class act and I am fortunate to know him. He helped me out many times with arrows, gear and advice. A great bowhunter and friend. Enjoy your retirement Dan.

23-Sep-17
Well, I guess I got in under the wire. I am new to archery. Last year a Rep from UBP advised me to go see Dan at Bow For It. Dan and his crew took the time to fit me with a bow and were very helpful across the board. I just found out that Dan retired. I think that we'll all be hard pressed to fill the void. Anyway, thanks very much for helping me to get set up. Kind regards, Mark Morris.....

25-Sep-17
PALongbow, you sir are incorrect. The weapon did not kill archery. The cash infusion the PGC got for it's inclusion did. They alone let it in and now you get what all of the other states said we were going to get... Sorry man, the PGC stuck that dagger into the heart of PA archery. Along with a whole bunch of $ and some random hunting trips to key PGC commissioners. But hey, we can still hunt on Sunday... Oh wait my bad... 1950 called and wants it's "tradition" back...

25-Sep-17
From a business stand point the xbows brought an infusion of customers. Initially those who were handicapped, looking for a way to continue their archery hunting. Later the influx was mainly gun hunters looking to expand their hunting opportunities, by purchasing a Xbow and heading out during the archery season. Not debating the inclusion of them into the archery season. Just stating that for those shops that sold them, it was a new revenue source. Dan sold Parker and 10 point when I was there, and it was probably an even split when it came to sales.

28-Sep-17
Mark. it you got that advice for bow for it at the oaks show you were probably talking to me. I remember giving that advice to 2 different people. if so, glad you followed through!

bill v

• Sitka Gear