illibowhunter 20-Mar-17
Wild Bill 20-Mar-17
steve 20-Mar-17
Bloodtrail 20-Mar-17
Toonces 20-Mar-17
GF 21-Mar-17
bigbuckbob 21-Mar-17
18-Mar-17
just did some scouting today with buckdown and I just got to thinking about deer season and you guys. just wondering how you guys are doing.

18-Mar-17
Doing good

18-Mar-17

soapdish's Link

18-Mar-17
Sorry, don't open the last link. Nothing there. I was trying to get a you tube video of a South Park stint off of you tube. My bad.

18-Mar-17
Did you find any good trails?

18-Mar-17

GF's embedded Photo
I had a damn good day today. Got a new-to-me longbow in a trade for my Commander. Strung it up and took it out back. This is what happened the first time I drew it. 3 fingers low and 2 to the left.
GF's embedded Photo
I had a damn good day today. Got a new-to-me longbow in a trade for my Commander. Strung it up and took it out back. This is what happened the first time I drew it. 3 fingers low and 2 to the left.
GF's embedded Photo
2nd shot - aiming at that pink plastic tag that you can see in the first pic. I was off to the side and not shooting through the stake to get it it. Keeper!
GF's embedded Photo
2nd shot - aiming at that pink plastic tag that you can see in the first pic. I was off to the side and not shooting through the stake to get it it. Keeper!

19-Mar-17
Had a Colonoscopy and a tooth pulled..happy I didn't wake up with a dollar in my hand...

19-Mar-17
Had breakfast with crow buckdown and Silverado and buckbowns dad had great time !!!

19-Mar-17
That shooting backstop (Block?) looks like a hornet's nest! I'm ready to start shooting again. Will hit up CT Archery soon to get a new string. I'm glad it was a mild winter because this crusty snow must be hindering the deer a bit.

19-Mar-17
Picked up my bow from Newbury yesterday and just got back from the club sighting it in. New string, peep, and loop - shoots great, nice tune. Felt good to be shooting again. Retiring at the end of the year so things will be very different. All the best guys.

19-Mar-17
I'm leaving in 45 minutes for a business trip to Latrobe PA. for 6 days. Should see some dead Deer on the way out.

19-Mar-17
Gave away two of my four remaining backstrap streaks last night as a host dinner gift. Thinking about private properties to prospect for the upcoming season.

19-Mar-17
NotMe - I'm no expert, but it seems to me that there are more direct routes to get to the teeth than going through the colon. May be time to look for a new dentist ; )

19-Mar-17
Ya I know N8,but ling ling said they run two firs in her country all the time...not the happy ending I was looking for...least I don't think so ..lol

19-Mar-17
HaHa! I had an endoscopy in December and because we had already hit our deductible, I asked if we could do a "double dip" since I will be 50 in a year and need a colonoscopy anyway. Figured I would try and save a buck. Insurance company did not like the idea though. They are apparently counting on the fact that I might switch insurance companies or die before that time rolls around.

19-Mar-17
Just had back surgey last week. They cut one of my herniated disk to get it off my nerves so I could walk again. Laying low for a few weeks now. Trying to figure out a trail camer that sends pics to my phone and just found a guy to do our plots in Illinois. Can't wait for spring and to get out to turkey hunt and do some fishing with my family.

19-Mar-17
Just fletched up a bunch of arrows. Been shooting in my basement for the last two weeks. Waiting for this snow to melt so I can get outside to shoot and hike.

19-Mar-17
illi - hope you heal quickly and completely. Back surgery is pretty aggressive and not to be taken lightly, but I'm sure you know more about that than me.

Bloodtrail - I was just considering getting a fletching jig and I'm wondering what you use.

19-Mar-17

Bloodtrail's embedded Photo
I did these last year.
I did these last year.
Bitzenburger. Puts a great helical on. Easy to use and timeless.

20-Mar-17
Shoot & hike sounds damn good to me!

Anybody know where the woodchucks are??

20-Mar-17
Bloodtrail - thanks. I was looking at the Bitzenburger, seems to be the "standard" for good quality out there. I'll pick one up and repair some of my damaged vanes.

20-Mar-17
Thanks bigbuck I appreciate that. Wish I could help you with some jig advise but that's not me. Thanks again shoot straight.

20-Mar-17
Bloodtrail,

Right helical? Are you a lefty?

20-Mar-17
The theory is the spin on the arrow tightens the insert as it spins, I don't think it makes a difference .That is the best jig there .Steve

20-Mar-17
Steve nailed it. It doesn't matter what helical you use. As long you have one on there you will stabilize the arrow much better than straight or offset and you will have the best consistency.

20-Mar-17
Bloodtrail,

That is the neatest desk I have ever seen. Mine has spilled glue, mangled arrows and fletching, nocks, flying tying materials, fishing reels, gun oil, guns to be cleaned, etc.

21-Mar-17
The BearPaw jig looks pretty promising as well, and costs a bunch less.

I swapped a bi-pod for a Jo-Jan multi. Limited use so far, but I can put fletchings on arrows.

BTW -

Right helical for right-wing feathers Left helical for left-wing feathers

I guess vanes don't matter unless thy have those little kickers on 'em.

But just so you're aware, left-wing helical tends to loosen my screw-in points. Damned nuisance.

21-Mar-17
Loctite :)

• Sitka Gear