Mindbender 20-Mar-17
Nocturnal 20-Mar-17
Hoot 21-Mar-17
South Farm 21-Mar-17
Mike F 21-Mar-17
smokey 21-Mar-17
Live2hunt 22-Mar-17
20-Mar-17
Who uses trail. Cameras. On public land???

20-Mar-17
Me

20-Mar-17
Year around or just hunting season? Any rules on. Using them?

20-Mar-17
me too

20-Mar-17
7 months on my land, july thru december. a week or so before season on public land,until I have success. Curious to hear answers on your 2nd question. I have never heard nor read of any restrictions on use in public land.

20-Mar-17
I started using trail cameras back in the early nineties, right when the first Cuddebacks were coming out. I was then hunting public land in the Chequamegon National Forest, east of Hayward, about 20 -25 miles out state highway 77. Maybe this will ring a bell with some fellows,...we hunted the Moose Lake area (stayed sometimes at the Virgin Timber Resort) and the Venison Creek area. I favored Venison Creek and took two nice bucks from there. We were back in off the blacktop and forest service roads quite a ways and never had our cameras bothered by humans or stolen. We would put them up in late August and leave them in the woods, in various locations, all season. The game cameras back then were quite different than the ones in use today. Their programming was very limited and the choices for settings were almost non-existent! Also, the cameras were real film cameras and you could use either a 12, 24, or 36 exposure roll of film. Then you had to take it in to get it developed into photographs before your knew what had passed in front of your set-up. They, and how they were used, were different then,...these game cameras. Much, much better today.

20-Mar-17
In fall on public but not easy access public. Never locked one and have never had one taken..., knock on wood.

20-Mar-17
In fall on public but not easy access public. Never locked one and have never had one taken..., knock on wood.

20-Mar-17
Read the regs!. Nothing about regulating them. Like number allowed. Etc. was just curious!

20-Mar-17
Read the regs!. Nothing about regulating them. Like number allowed. Etc. was just curious!

20-Mar-17
Yes, you need to have your ID number or name, address and phone number on them

1 per every bear bait.

20-Mar-17
I have also read the regs and have found nothing over the years, Got me curious now.

20-Mar-17
Same for deer?. If. Your just monitoring A travel corridor!

20-Mar-17
I still have 2 on public from last year that I can't remember which tree I stuck them in! I also use a stick to get the camera out of eye sight. Usually 8-10 feet off the ground.

20-Mar-17
Should have some interesting pics by now. ! Good luck finding them!

20-Mar-17
Reggie you freakin air head!! Haha

21-Mar-17
I've got cameras everywhere around my place, mainly for bear baits and trespassers. I don't have them on county land but our county it is illegal to lag them to trees, which I'm sure is the policy for most county forest. I know a lot of guys that have had their cameras stolen on county. I too like to put some cameras at eight to ten feet up. I have had bears climb up to them to investigate them. The ones that are lower are always investigated for the first two weeks and then left alone. Lens are usually full of bear slobber so they have to cleaned everyday for the first two weeks. One thing I've noticed is if I move a camera to a different tree, let's say a month later, they are all over that camera again for a week or so. Bears seem to know everything that's been changed in there kitchen. So to say the least bear safes are a must around bait sites.

21-Mar-17
I got a couple but thinking about quitting ever since I captured a pic of my father in law taking a leak in front of the cabin cam. Forgot to tell him it was there so I guess I got what I deserved.

21-Mar-17
I have one out there from last bear season. I think I know where it is....LOL

21-Mar-17
I have used them since the time the rocks cooled. I have them on National Forest, Sawyer, Ashland and Bayfield County land and sometimes on private. No need to have name/address on them on the County or National Forest land I hunt. Cannot lag them in or damage the tree. They can be left up year around but some LEOs say of left too long they are abandoned property but I have never heard of any citations given for that. I had one stolen last summer.

Many years ago I had a bowhunter I know come up to me at a 3-d shoot and asked if I got the picture of him and the buck he was trailing around the previous Christmas. He told me the story of how he hit this buck and never found it but while tracking they came upon a trailcam and since few people used them back then he was sure it was mine. He described the area perfectly so it was my cam. They were going to take the film and leave $5 but changed their mind. Unfortunately the film was used up before they walked by.

22-Mar-17
Casekiska, I've hunted that area for 42 years. Our deer camp has been in existence up there since the mid forty's. My favorite stand up there was next to Snag Lake until it got overrun with a group.

• Sitka Gear