Zim1 21-Mar-17
maya2003 22-Mar-17
raspy old hen 22-Mar-17
Cheesehead Mike 22-Mar-17
Zim1 22-Mar-17
RutnStrut 23-Mar-17
Zim1 25-Mar-17
21-Mar-17
2E Turkey leftovers sold out in two hours, but still 2,900 F's left for Saturday so far. Picked up a 2E to go with my 2D. Also drew an Arizona elk tag and will cash deer points for an Iowa tag. Schedule is filled early this year! Likely just do points only elsewhere for rest of this year, except for sheep. Gotta go for those.

21-Mar-17
Congrats on your Arizona elk tag!

21-Mar-17

Zim1's embedded Photo
Zim1's embedded Photo
But at the moment I can't get my mind off the Iowa deer hunt! Just returned from two scouting trips there. Some of the rubs I found looked more like elk damage. I just don't see this stuff on the Illinois public I'm usually relegated to. At least not since the early 90's.

21-Mar-17
Zim, if you have not bow hunted iowa before you are in for more fun than you are probably expecting. What part of the state? I will probably draw in the NE unit this year.

21-Mar-17
Zone 5 I've drawn 4 or 5 times previously. It's just I never devoted as much time to pre-season scouting.

22-Mar-17

maya2003's embedded Photo
maya2003's embedded Photo
Not in Iowa but it is impressive you must admit.

22-Mar-17
Zim1, DNR website updated today has only 1,752 leftover turkey tags for Zone 2 season F. May 24-31. You might need to be a little quicker on the computer on Saturday morning.

22-Mar-17
Congrats on the AZ elk tag Zim1!

I also should draw Iowa this year and I also spent 2 weekends in February scouting down there. The deer sign is amazing and I can't wait! But first we have to get through elk season, right. I just applied for NM and I have a good feeling about it...

22-Mar-17
"DNR website updated today has only 1,752 leftover turkey tags for Zone 2 season F. May 24-31. You might need to be a little quicker on the computer on Saturday morning."

Ya I saw that. Hopefully the other units also being available will spread out the applicants. But expect I'll have to do better than #5,500 in line like Tuesday!

23-Mar-17
I went online and got a leftover tag for myself for 4th season. One for my hunting buddy for fourth, and one for my daughter for 5th. It went somewhat smoothly until the system tried to tell me I HAD to enter my 14 year old daughters DL number. It took 3 retries of completely leaving the system before it quit asking for something that is impossible to provide. Now about you guys talking about Iowa, STOP. I have to wait 2 more years before I draw;) Just kidding of course, please keep us updated on your scouting/prep as well as your hunt.

25-Mar-17
Got my 2F today. Season is shaping up. 3 Illinois turkey tags; 3 Wisconsin turkey tags; 1 Arizona elk tag; 1 Iowa deer tag. Not much room left on my 2017 plate! Maybe a sheep tag? Big relief after last year. Drew nothing and tried a leftover Montana elk hunt which totally sucked. Total waste of money.

• Sitka Gear