Murphy31 22-Mar-17
BmurphyJr 22-Mar-17
bowandspear 22-Mar-17
bowandspear 22-Mar-17
huntskifishcook 22-Mar-17
bowandspear 23-Mar-17
Murphy31 23-Mar-17
22-Mar-17
Has anyone ever seen a clear definition of possession limit here in MA? More specifically the possession limit for striped bass. I know the law says the possession limit is 1 fish, but I can't find any info on what the state defines as 1 fish. If I have 1, 8 oz. portion left from my previous fish am I still in possession of a fish? I also keep the head and spine for soup does that count against my possession limit? I've looked and looked, but can't seem to find any real answers. Thanks for any info.

22-Mar-17
I could be wrong, but I always thought possession limit was what you could be walking around with, as opposed to what you had in the freezer, or whatever. In other words, if that's right, you could have ten in the freezer and be fine.

22-Mar-17
Well If you're allowed to keep one 28 inch fish a day. There is no way you could only be allowed to have one fish in your freezer, but then again if a guy went on a weekend beach camping trip for stripers with how the laws are written. He could only keep one striper for the whole weekend.

22-Mar-17
Possession limit in fishing regs is different than hunting regs. Possession limit for fishing is how many fish you can have on you while fishing for a given day.

22-Mar-17
What Bmurphyjr stated above is correct.

22-Mar-17
Miles Standish Forest I understand from others is good to check out. I would also recommend researching certain land trusts in that area, there are a couple that provide special permission.

22-Mar-17
Thanks guys. I kind of freaked myself out earlier thinking I had been breaking the law for years. Not sure why they use possession limit one way in reference to ducks, but then in another manner in reference to fish. It seems like changing the terminology to daily bag limit would make more sense.

23-Mar-17
My error above,. Meant to post land info on other thread.

23-Mar-17
Well it use to say daily creel limit. Don't know why they changed it. Lets just make this as confusing as we possible can. The possession limit is usually more than the daily creel. Plus it doesn't even say daily possession limit.

• Sitka Gear