Destroyer350 29-Mar-17
LeatherneckGrandpa 29-Mar-17
LeatherneckGrandpa 29-Mar-17
Jaquomo 29-Mar-17
Huntcell 26-Apr-17
24-Mar-17

KC9's embedded Photo
KC9's embedded Photo
I have a 5 year old granddaughter and I'm pretty tired of "Grandpa, when are we going to catch a fish" I can show her a hundred different places to go hunting, but my fishing abilities are very limited. I took her a couple times last summer, and have to admit she is pretty patient with her grandpa. I live in Loveland and I'm just looking for help in finding a place we can sit on a bank and catch a fish. I don't care if we catch perch, blue gills, trout, etc. I just want to have her think I'm the best fisherman in the world:)

24-Mar-17
She's a cutie. I'm no great fisherman but I catch little white bass along the north bank of Boedecker with small white Mister Twisters from a Kayak. I would think a worm under a bobber from the bank would work well. Not sure theres much water in it at the moment though.

24-Mar-17
KC9 - I know it might be a little bit of a drive but try Chatfield. There is a bunch of access on the shore and lots of ponds that are stocked. Ill send you a PM with a few spots you can catch a bunch of bass and walleye on a worm.

24-Mar-17
KC, check your priv message box.

25-Mar-17
I sent you three ideas, as well. My grandson caught his first fish at a stocker pond at Shaffer's Crossing. 13.5" rainbow, wider than he was. Biggest grin in America on that day. He was a little over 3.

26-Mar-17
We went up to Golden Gate Canyon State Park and fished Kriley Pond last weekend. Caught 11 trout. Just look on the stocking schedule to see when they stocked. Powerbait, worms, and salmon eggs do the trick.

26-Mar-17
Go to Big Thompson ponds with some worms.

27-Mar-17
Try http://ndismaps.nrel.colostate.edu/index.html?app=FishingAtlas.

28-Mar-17
KC9 -

Come up to the pond next to the walmart on Harmony. All you need is a good worm rig and you'll catch whatever you like, or some rooster tails, panther martins, etc. The sunfish there eat about anything. PM me and I'll meet you over there with my two (11 and 8) we love it.

28-Mar-17
If you want a trout fishing adventure head up to Red Feather Lakes in late May after it warms up a little. A little over an hour from Loveland. Dowdy and West lakes, Bellaire Lake, all offer very good fishing from the bank, especially after they've been stocked a couple times. Really pretty area, easy access for kids to fish, and you can have lunch and recharge at several nearby cafes in Red Feather village.

29-Mar-17

KC9's embedded Photo
KC9's embedded Photo
Just wanted to thank Leatherneck and everyone that has offered advice and places to go. Bowsite is awesome. This is my oldest Grandchild and I have 4 more that are younger. Now I have many places to go. We were only able to get in about 45 minutes before the rain hit Sunday, but did manage to catch 4 of these. Thanks again to all.

29-Mar-17
Great to hear KC9!

29-Mar-17
Ha! I recognized the background immediately. A couple more weeks of warm weather, and that place will be nonstop action for the bluegills.

Way to go, gramps!

29-Mar-17
Ha! I recognized the background immediately. A couple more weeks of warm weather, and that place will be nonstop action for the bluegills.

Way to go, gramps!

29-Mar-17
Good for you, KC9! Some of my earliest memories are of fishing with my dad at that age. Great job!

26-Apr-17
Now your hearing " Grandpa is the greatest fisherman".

• Sitka Gear