billygoat 24-Mar-17
Treeline 24-Mar-17
samman 24-Mar-17
Orion 25-Mar-17
sticksender 25-Mar-17
billygoat 25-Mar-17
Orion 25-Mar-17
24-Mar-17
I have several points for moose and bighorn, but do NOT wish to draw either tag this year. Is there any advantage to applying only for a PP with these species, or should I just sit this year out (and not tie up $500)?

Thanks in advance for your responses?

24-Mar-17
If you have less than 3, you will not draw, unless you put in for a cow or ewe.

Your chances with 3+ weighted points are pretty low (1-4% for bull moose), but the more points you have, the better chance you will have in the future (slightly).

I would at least put in for a point.

Heck, put in to draw on a tough unit and if you do draw - drop everything and go!

24-Mar-17
Moose & sheep refunds tend to come pretty early. You should have your money back in mid May just putting in for a point. Missing on a point just puts you in the deeper pot of those with points. Try to stay towards the top if you can.

25-Mar-17
I would put in for the point, but really the weighted points give you no advantage. I was bored one day and I looked at all the successful applicants from last years sheep draw and there were just as many drawing with 3 plus 5 or less as there were that had 3 plus 6 to max weighted

25-Mar-17
For sure, I would encourage everyone to sit out a year, then maybe I can draw Moose ;-)

And also Ermine could finally draw his Sheep & Goat tags.

25-Mar-17
I appreciate the responses. I think I'll just skip those 2 for this year. I have 14 PPs for elk and am applying for 61. Already have a nice chunk of time off approved (9/7-25) and will concentrate my efforts there.

Good luck to everybody in the draws.

25-Mar-17
yep good vibes to ermine. I've drawn goat but I think the both of us are wondering if we will ever draw a sheep tag

• Sitka Gear