Babysaph 06-Apr-17
Babysaph 07-Apr-17
sundaynwv 07-Apr-17
Jim Casto Jr 07-Apr-17
Babysaph 09-Apr-17
LS 09-Apr-17
gobbler 09-Apr-17
25-Mar-17
SB345 goes to House Natural Resources on Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. That leaves us with roughly 13 days of regular session. NOW, is the time to make some noise. Call your delegate!

26-Mar-17
Will do. Thanks Cory. God Bless men

28-Mar-17
Moved on to judiCiary

31-Mar-17
This information has been posted on WVBA Facebook and website. Adding to the WV Forum for those not following those sites.

Your action is needed to support the Landowner Hunting Rights Bill - Senate Bill 345

Time is limited in the 2017 legislative session and SB 345 the Landowner Hunting Rights Bill (Sunday Hunting) is now at the last stopping point before being voted into law by the full House. We need you to begin calling each member of the House Judiciary committee and politely ask them to bring this bill to a vote and support its passage. This bill will return the rights of individual property owners to decide what is permissible on their own land. It is also estimated the addition of one hunting day a week during the hunting season will create over 2,000 jobs with a total economic impact exceeding $155 million annually. You can find the members of the House Judiciary committee by clicking this link: http://www.legis.state.wv.us/committees/house/HouseCommittee.cfm?Chart=jud

The counties listed below will be closed to Sunday hunting unless you make a call! · Cabell · Doddridge · Fayette · Gilmer · Grant · Greenbrier · Hampshire · Hardy · Lewis · Mineral · Monroe · Morgan · Pendleton · Pocahontas · Putnam · Raleigh · Randolph · Summers · Taylor · Tucker · Tyler · Upshur

You may not live in one of these counties, but your fellow sportsmen do and they need our help to make this law apply state-wide. If you do live in one of these counties you should be sure to contact your specific Delegate and let them understand your desire for the passage of this bill.

Please make a call to as many of these members as possible. If you get voice mail, leave your name, county you live in and your phone number along with a message to support Senate Bill 345 - the Landowner Hunting Rights Bill!

31-Mar-17

Little Bear's Link
Here is the link to click.

01-Apr-17
Done.

01-Apr-17
SB 3452 passed jucmiary.

03-Apr-17
It appears HB2679 will be the vehicle to get this passed. House should concur with Senate amendments in this morning's floor session at 11am. Let's hope they do the right thing.

04-Apr-17
Well, its hard to tell what is going on at the Capitol these days. SB345 was read a first time today on the House Floor. At least they have two paths to get this into law. If SB345 can be passed by the House, it will need to go back to the Senate for concurrence but since the Senate has passed two version of this already that shouldn't be too big of an issue. However, I'll sleep better come Sunday.

04-Apr-17
Man they make everything so hard.

05-Apr-17
Get this over with and focus on public in a few years.

I really hope this doesn't turn into one of those, "Oops fellers, we tried but we came up short. Really wish we had one more day."

05-Apr-17
That is what is wrong with our government. If I delayed decisions like that in my business I would be broke. Oh wait, Our state is broke. Just vote on it now and go on to more important things. It really isn't that hard.

06-Apr-17
so do we have Sunday hunting or not?

06-Apr-17

06-Apr-17
Oops...sorry for the previous blank post. WV Metro News is reporting that SB 345 was approved by the House today with a vote of 92-5.

06-Apr-17
By Chris Lawrence in Outdoors | April 06, 2017 at 12:19PM

CHARLESTON, W.Va. — A hard push by West Virginia sportsmen has finally paid off in Charleston. The House of Delegates on Thursday gave final approval to the bill which will authorize Sunday hunting on private land in all 55 counties.

Senate Bill 345 was approved by the House on a vote of 92-5. The bill had already won overwhelming approval in the Senate. The last action will be for the Senate to concur on a technical amendment added in the House, but the addition seems to be a formality and the bill will be on Governor Jim Justice’s desk awaiting signature .

The bill extends Sunday hunting to private property in 22 more counties. The allowance is already in place for 33 counties, several of which recently voted overwhelmingly for the idea.

Originally, the bill, which this year had the backing of the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources, was to be on all lands including public property like Wildlife Management Areas, State Forests, and National Forests. The public land allowance was amended out early in the process.

Sportsmen successfully took their request to lawmakers this year by framing the debate as one of a private property rights issue as much as a hunting bill. A number of powerful sportsman’s organizations got behind the measure and used their muscle and the backing of members to get the bill approved.

There was a back up plan in place in House Bill 2679. That bill would authorize the carrying of firearms on park property in the state and won approval in the House, but the language of the Sunday hunting bill and an additional plan to forbid fishing within 200 feet of a stock truck was added when the bill came up in the Senate. The House concurred with the changes and that bill is expected to soon be discharged to the governor as well.

Governor Justice has indicated he will sign the Sunday hunting legislation. It’s unknown where he stands on HB 2679, but if the Sunday hunting bill is already signed, the point is moot at least for those who advocated Sunday hunting legislation.

06-Apr-17
Thanks Jimmy

07-Apr-17
Now I can finally hunt on Sunday's in Pendleton county like the good ole boys. yeeee haaaaw. More spikes.

07-Apr-17
Amendment in law that you can't kill spikes on Sunday's.

07-Apr-17
"Amendment in law that you can't kill spikes on Sunday's."

Now, what are you going to do, Dr. J.R.?

lol lol

09-Apr-17
Hold out for a 140 class deer I guess.

09-Apr-17
Did not know if the land owners would let me hunt on Sunday or not. Spent the day on several farms and land that I hunt talking to the land owners about hunting on Sunday. 4 out of 4 said they did not care, same rules as Mon.- Sat.

09-Apr-17
I would suspect the majority of landowners won't care. There will be a few that do and that is their right.

• Sitka Gear