standswittaknife 26-Mar-17
boothill 27-Mar-17
keepemsharp 27-Mar-17
z hunter 28-Mar-17
MDW 28-Mar-17
Trebarker 28-Mar-17
Griff 28-Mar-17
26-Mar-17
I've read the posts on the proposed transfer tags ("Landowner Vouchers" here in Colorado) and I'd like to give my perspective on our system. I believe that there is a place for them BUT they have impacted Colorado and Non-resident draw hunters negatively in a HUGE way. In our state, for the most part, they have not increased the tag numbers due to the voucher's, just the number of vouchers themselves. That means they have decreased tags available through the draw system for hunters (regular day hunters). Three of our eastern Colorado representatives came up with a brain child that gave another 5% of our tags to landowner's two years ago, making it even harder for all to draw tags. It has increased "point creep" several years, and now its taking much longer to draw even mediocre tags.

I can guarantee what will happen if this passes in the near future, cattleman's associations, ranchers, and outfitters, who have much more time and skin in the business than regular hunters, will lobby and win a larger amount of vouchers instead of draw tags. One thing that really irks me is that this law passed for the ENTIRE STATE, not just areas in which are primarily private property. What also irks me is that fact that you are not bound by the property in which you buy the tags.

Good Luck on this, but for the vast majority of hunters, those that don't own land, this will hurt you, increase your leases as outfitters will be allowed to obtain more vouchers, therefore increasing their leased land. Be careful what you ask for!

Best, Danny

27-Mar-17
Isn't it amazing how a CPA from Colorado can see this as an issue but the idiots in Topeka think this is a good idea. Danny thanks for your input on this matter and lets just hope it doesn't pass.

27-Mar-17
Brian: contact anyone you can in Topeka and point out to them that this is just a money grab. Promoted by people wanting to sell a resource that belongs to the citizens of Kansas. It took us years to get rid of it the last time and the big money people are back.

28-Mar-17
I am hearing both bills are dead.

28-Mar-17
Brian, I hope you are right!

28-Mar-17
That's what they always say to call off the hounds. Keep writing because the lobby behind this stuff will continue to amend them into other bills trying piggy back them into bills.

28-Mar-17
These bills are never dead till the end. The last time they tried to attach it to a KDWP&T bill to get it passed and instead of passing a bad bill they just killed it. I would not be surprised to see it attached to another bill to get it out of committee. The last I knew it was in the House Commerce Committee. I did get several responses from members of this committee that said they were not in favor of it. But at the last KDWP&T Commission meeting in Topeka a spokesman for the Livestock Association was there to lobby for the T-Tags. The Commission was not in favor of them being reinstated.

• Sitka Gear