David Mitchell 28-Mar-17
herd90 28-Mar-17
David Mitchell 28-Mar-17
stickbow21 30-Mar-17
hookman 31-Mar-17
27-Mar-17

herd90's embedded Photo
herd90's embedded Photo
Sold my last compound last week focusing exclusively on my recently purchased Big Jim Thunderchild. I've shot this bow more in 2 weeks than wheelies my whole lifetime. Thoroughly enjoy shooting everday and learning as much as I can thru the internet. Just wondering if there's a traditional group in WV and if so when and where do you shoot/gather. Love to learn from a more experienced shooter. Thanks

27-Mar-17
Congrats buddy . It's addictive

28-Mar-17
There use to be a couple of trad clubs ,1 near Beckley and 1 in Charleston but they no longer exist. I know ther are several people who shoot traditional. Where do you live? There may be a bow club in your area wirh some shooters

28-Mar-17
Madison WV

28-Mar-17
I dont know of any archery clubs in that area The wvba has some shoots thru out the state and mid state archers , Aba and Huntington archery clubs have shoots. All have some trad shooters.

There are some very good trad shoots out of state.Kentucky trad fest in early April,tennessee classic in early may and the Star shoot in Roanoke Va are great trad events with vendors and plenty of long bows and recurves. The Tennessee classic is bit of a drive but worth it. Besides the 40 target range there is flit knapping and bow building going on all weekend. Lots of vendors and more than 500 in attendance. In 2018 the ibo trad world will be held at Pipestem state park in Wv.

28-Mar-17
Great information. Thank you!

28-Mar-17
Herd90, the Kentucky TradFest is next week in Harrodsburg, KY. That is just a bit south of Lexington. It's a great event with a lot of good traditional vendors, good barbecue, two enjoyable ranges,blanket swap, etc. Starts next Friday and runs through Sunday mid-day. The shoot is held at Mercer County Fish and Game Club, 250 Whites Lane, Harrodsburg, KY. They have free camping on the grounds (primitive, i. e., porta-potties), and the club provides all the free firewood you want. You can set up camp Thursday afternoon. Lots of hotels in the Harrodsburg/Danville area as well. Some interesting historical stuff to see in the area, especially the reconstructed Fort Harrod.

28-Mar-17
Beauty of a bow. Love that black and white ebony. Where are you in WV?

28-Mar-17
Thanks David. That's not too far away. Hookman, Madison.

28-Mar-17
Big Jim is a regular vendor at TradFest

28-Mar-17
Like to meet him and thank him for his work.

28-Mar-17
Jim is a great guy to deal with and quite a character. Hookman will also be set up as a vendor....makes beautiful wood arrows.

30-Mar-17
Doug. We have a large group of Trad shooters down here in Mercer county. We have a 20 target course set up starting the second Saturday in April. It runs each month till September. Everyone is welcome. We encourage to bring the family. There is trad and compound stakes to shoot from. It's located at Johnsons chapel church on Halls Ridge Rd. (Google location). Starts at 9 am and we provide a free lunch of hotdogs with chili, chips, cookies and drinks.

Again. All is welcome.

31-Mar-17
Doug, I am going to the Kentucky tradfest next weekend. Try to make it if you can, great time and lots of vendors.

• Sitka Gear