Chad4372 29-Mar-17
Copperman 29-Mar-17
copperman 20-Apr-17
happygolucky 30-Apr-17
Bows the way 02-May-17
copperman 05-May-17
bigbuckODY 22-May-17
27-Mar-17
thinking about burning my bear points in Michigan this year. I have one less than the max 13-14 points I believe, any recommendations for a guide. I live in southeastern MI and just don't have the ability to bait for myself. I have taken two Ontario bears but would like to take a Michigan bear

28-Mar-17
I am sitting on ten points myself. If I had 13 I would put in for Baldwin. There are some truly big bears around this area. If you need a guide look up Nixon brothers. I don't know these guys but they are very popular guides around the Baldwin area. Good luck on your hunt.

28-Mar-17
I'm with Burly..... I wouldn't spend 13 points on a UP tag... only because you don't need nearly that many points to hunt up there. In some units of the UP you can get a tag for the 3rd hunt with zero points. Use your points in Baldwin and then you can hunt the UP next time ......

28-Mar-17
Or try PMing Happygolucky.... He was talking about offering up his land in the UP to a bear hunter this year and has pics of a couple of bruisers. My property in Newberry is hit or miss for bears... mostly miss.... and my buddy will be hunting it this year if he draws. Happy was posting on the thread about bear preference points. Good luck !!

28-Mar-17
Burly any idea how to get ahold of these guys

29-Mar-17
No, All I know they are in the Cadillac area. One brothers name is Rob. They were on Michigan out of doors this past season. I believe they guide other areas also.

29-Mar-17
I believe the other brother is named Wayne.

29-Mar-17
Wade and Rob Nixon. Try contacting the Cadillac DNR to get their number. Wade lives for bear and is a great guy.

Chad

29-Mar-17
thanks guys

20-Apr-17
Nixon brothers are booked up............

30-Apr-17

happygolucky's embedded Photo
Big Bear is correct. I would offer up a spot on my land (Escanaba) if the bear from last year shows up on camera this spring/summer.

I don't want someone baiting if the bear is not around because I don't want bears if I had a choice. This bad boy in the pic caused lots of $$damage$$ last year. If he's back this year, it would be cool to have someone with a tag hunt him. I would allow baiting in one spot on the land. This guy was on every camera on my land last year. My son and I carried bear spray for our walks in the dark when bowhunting. One time, my son left a stand at 6:15pm and the bear was on that camera at 6:35. I have a feeling he'll be back but he has not been on camera yet.

If you look at the 2nd pic, you'll see a pop-up blind. He mauled it and others. It turns out, I believe he was after the pee jugs (laundry detergent bottles) because he pulled them out of all the blinds and chewed them up. When I put replacement blinds, I did not put a pee jug and he left them alone. He also damaged some permanent blinds trying to get the pee jugs I assumed. I nick-named him A-hole.

02-May-17
A true Ahole. Found claw marks on my elevated stand and the ladder was broke two weeks ago. When I was up there kinda hope that 12 foot fall left a mark. I might let a single beer hunter at my place as well this year i dont have the time to bait. Im sure i can pull a tag with 8 pionts around seney though.

05-May-17
I appreciate the offer but I really cant do the baiting myself, to far away. He's a HOG!

22-May-17
nice picture even nicer bear im from kalamazoo southwest michigan i have 11 points and probably have a great chance to draw first hunt in that area this 2017 fall BUT ill be in Colorado elk hunting poooopsy

• Sitka Gear