mckbugle 28-Mar-17
mckbugle 28-Mar-17
planebow 28-Mar-17
SBH 28-Mar-17
JMG 31-Mar-17
Shortdraw 12-Apr-17
28-Mar-17
Hello All!!

I posted this a little while ago on hunt talk but I got a response saying this website would get me some better local responses.

I started shooting my bow a year ago and had my first experience chasing elk this last fall. Luckily my dad was able to travel out here from Oregon to help me navigate and feel more comfortable in the woods. I walked away empty handed but haven't experienced excitement like my encounter with a bull at 60 yards in a long time! I've really grown passionate for hunting and am lucky to have a dad that is so knowledgeable and willing to teach me, however being a 12 hour drive away is hindering in our time being able to hunt together.

The real point of this post is to get some information from fellow bow hunters as to how I introduce myself to other people that could possibly mentor me or just be willing to practice shooting and walk around in the woods together! I'm struggling as a 23 year old woman with finding friends that share my interest in bowhunting. If you have any tips on how you found your favorite hunting partner I would love to hear it! Also, I live in Bozeman so if anyone in the surrounding area would like to shoot sometime let me know.

28-Mar-17

28-Mar-17
Check with the local archery shop and see if there is a local club. Our club here welcome all archers with many members willing to help others.

28-Mar-17
Join a league at either Extreme Performance or Big Sky archery. They both have multiple groups that shoot each night of the week and that would be a good way to meet some like minded individuals. Keep at it!

31-Mar-17
Another idea is to research whether there are any 3D shoots in your area. Many of the folks attending a 3D shoot hunt, also. You may be able to meet someone that may be willing to share some hunting wisdom or invite you along.

12-Apr-17
There's the 3D course in Three Forks and the Bridget Bowmen have a shoot coming up June 2 I believe that has Joel Turner at it. Big Sky Archery has some shoots and EXPA is awesome too.

• Sitka Gear