Matte 31-May-17
Thornton 01-Jun-17
writer 01-Jun-17
turkulese 01-Jun-17
TwoDogs@work 02-Jun-17
Thornton 04-Jun-17
Trebarker 06-Jun-17
31-Mar-17
I know they tend to all be born pretty close together so enough survive predators. I want to coyote call with a fawn in distress call and figure if I do it at the right time, I'd be more successful.

31-Mar-17

The Kid's Link
Here is a link that has scientific research attached to coyote predation on fawns.

31-Mar-17
Wow! Some scary statistics in there. I plan to kill every one of them I can.

01-Apr-17
I would say the majority of fawns are born the first two weeks in June. Roughly 200 days after a doe is bred. Shawn

03-Apr-17
I usually see my first fawn tracks about Memorial Day. I would believe most fawns are born the very end of May to the first 10 days or so of June. I believe as Shawn said the gestation period is about 200 days, and the majority of breeding in my area appears to be done from about Nov 12th to the 17th.

03-Apr-17
I found one off of one of the greens on the Pratt golf course during a tournament the Friday before Memorial Day Weekend about 5 years ago. Snapped a few pics and left it where its mom left it sleeping. I texted them to Writer and it made his blog that week.

03-Apr-17
That's a hot, buggy time of the year to hunt, but I'm gonna do some predator calling then. We'll see how it works out.

23-May-17

KZ15's embedded Photo
KZ15's embedded Photo
May 21, 2017

23-May-17
I saw one about two weeks ago, surprisingly big. Guess the early buck and his worm....oh, never mind.

23-May-17
I would imagine that some does come into heat in mid Oct. Most bucks are not really looking or ready by then so only a few get bred. Shawn

23-May-17
I think they will ALL get bred when in unless all the males are dead.

23-May-17
Last week of May and the first week of June make up close to 90%. The skanks give birth a little later.

23-May-17
Seeing new fawns now

23-May-17
I saw one almost get hit on the highway yesterday... little booger was fast. Slid on the pavement and was able to get turned around in time. I see a lot in May and the first of June while mowing plots.

23-May-17
Not sure how i missed this..

"I would imagine that some does come into heat in mid Oct. Most bucks are not really looking or ready by then so only a few get bred. Shawn"

The bucks are not looking? Bahahaha..or ready? Baahahahaha-ha

24-May-17
I haven't seen any fawns yet. However, last weekend I started seeing does that no longer appeared pregnant and acting like they may have fawns in the area.

27-May-17

Silvercreek's embedded Photo
Silvercreek's embedded Photo
An excellent read for all. I wonder how many feral dogs account for kills? This is one in my trail cam. GRRR!

27-May-17
I accidentally killed a fawn today while spraying a food plot. To my knowledge it's the first one I ever killed while mowing or spraying. Ran right over her, got her with both UTV tires... died quick, but still made me sick.

27-May-17
Z you obviously don't have a clue. Proven by many studies that does that come in early get missed a lot of times. Yes even in Kansas!! LOL!! Shawn

30-May-17
I noticed an unreal amount of does dead on turnpike between Topeka and KC this weekend. Crazy how many survive the rigors of the rut and do the work of birthing only to die from a vehicle while seeking quality food for their young.

30-May-17
Does get missed early because it is warm and bucks are not out searching, not because they are not willing. A doe is receptive for a 24 hour period so if a buck is laid up in 90 degree temps she will be missed. Scooby Z is as knowledgeable as they come. I have seen more dead deer on the highways in the last week than I have during the rut over the last 5 years.

30-May-17
I got my first pic this year of a fawn on the 26th of may and he was out walking around with mama so he was a week or 2 old

30-May-17
I pulled a camera card Saturday. Most does still appeared to be pregnant until about the 23rd. Then it appeared some had given birth. One doe had a really full utter. I do not know if maybe she had lost her fawns or simply not fed them for a while.

30-May-17
......201 days after they are bred,give or take:)

31-May-17
Please do not use a fawn in distress call as it will cause does a lot of stress as they run in (while abandoning) their own young to try and defend a fawn in distress. This puts the mother and fawn in a dangerous situation. Just my two cents, I'm not a biologist but have seen this used and the stress it causes on the mother and fawn.

01-Jun-17
I've got a suppressed AR in the pantry by the back door now. 2 nights in the last two weeks a pack has awakened me from a dead sleep at the new house. We bought high dollar Pella windows and the sound still came through. I suspect they were within 80 yards.

01-Jun-17
...I suspect if they ever do that when there's snow on the ground, gun fire may erupt. Watch where the empties fly, Jason. Hate to crack some of those nice windows.

01-Jun-17
Our house two boarders ag fields and last year it was all in corn. I shot 2 coyotes last year eating apples in our yard when they came out of the corn fields. Suckers were yipping all hours of the night and driving my dogs crazy.

02-Jun-17

TwoDogs@work's embedded Photo
TwoDogs@work's embedded Photo
I saw my first fawn yesterday evening. Attached is the picture of the doe with the very full utter.

04-Jun-17
Had a huge BBQ today in honor of my wife's grandma's 96th birthday. There were still guests on the porch when I looked 300 yds east and spotted a big doe in our hay meadow. Closer inspection through a scope revealed she has twins and she tucked them into the tall grass while I watched her. My brother-in-law sent up the drone and got footage of her feeding toward the trees while the twins stayed hidden. Even with the drone, they were almost invisible.

06-Jun-17

Trebarker's embedded Photo
Trebarker's embedded Photo
Quite a few seen in the last week or so, twins where I hunt

• Sitka Gear