Glunt@work 03-Apr-17
Treeline 03-Apr-17
ColoBull 04-Apr-17
PECO 04-Apr-17
Treeline 04-Apr-17
bill v 08-Apr-17
huntingbob 09-Apr-17
01-Apr-17
You know,...the one who posts on the forum that he missed the application deadline and thinks aloud whether CPW would make an exception for him 'this' time.

April 4th Cometh!! Get you applications in!

01-Apr-17
Plenty of time between now and midnight Tuesday, what's the hurry?

02-Apr-17
'Brings to mind a year, not long ago, when I procrastinated. The "story" was that certain PITA folks tried to swamp the server. Whatever the reason, it made for multiple attempts and a bit of anxiety.

02-Apr-17
Got me and my boy plugged in. Already second guessing...

02-Apr-17
"Already second guessing..."

Despite my tongue in cheek response above, my ocd had mine and my wifes tags done a while back and been second guessing since then lol. It's an annual ritual for me. ;-)

02-Apr-17
I'm a little bit worried. I can't buy a habitat stamp, as it says I already have one on file from 2016, that is good until March 31 2017........ Now what? DOW oversight?

I go to already purchased licenses, and that HS is showing on file although expired.

02-Apr-17
Didn't even think about a habitat stamp. Never have. Thought it was just automatically attached to a license purchase somehow or other. Will have to go back and look...

02-Apr-17
Just looked and it shows that it was automatically added on my list of products I already have on file.

02-Apr-17
Agreed, but doesn't it expire March 31 like your SG or fishing?

It was a 2016 purchase that expires 31 March 2017, but it's on file as "already purchased".....

Going to go to DOW on the way to work. I don't want to get "shafted"

03-Apr-17
Mine went through "normally" on Saturday without any issues. I selected the habitat stamp as the final purchase for deer, elk, & small game combo. I hope nothing "fishy" is going on!

03-Apr-17
I had the same problem trying to buy the habitat stamp,I read the digest it says after you turn 65 you don't have to buy the stamp any more.

03-Apr-17
I always buy the habitat stamp first, then small game fishing extra rod next, then do deer and elk. Never had a problem. I do play the second guess game though.

03-Apr-17
I always buy the habitat stamp first, then small game fishing extra rod next, then do deer and elk. Never had a problem. I do play the second guess game though.

03-Apr-17
Just checked my Small Game/Fishing License and it shows $10 for a Habitat Stamp with License so I guess I am OK.

Now, to do the HIP BS so I can shoot a coyote (and not the rest of the crap they ask about). Colorado really needs to change that requirement! The federal HIP program is focused on migratory animals. Colorado is the only state that I know of that has expanded the requirement to include all small game. If you don't have your HIP number, you are not legal for small non-migratory game hunting.

03-Apr-17
Got the HIP questions all answered - Negative for everything except the one that asked if I might hunt a list of small game that included coyotes. Might shoot a blue grouse if I stumble over one while bow hunting, but, since I haven't shot one in years and don't go out specifically for them, I also answered no for hunting a grouse - more of a luck thing than actual hunting them. Hopefully, I don't get in trouble if I happen to get lucky and have one in my pack when I am hiking back out to my truck.

Got my HIP number on my 2017 Small Game and Fishing so I that I "am not that guy" that gets a citation for not having that number written on my license.

Make sure you are all "HIP"!

03-Apr-17
I can't imagine the HIP info is good for much. I know too many guys that just answer no all the way through to get done and get the number. Often in the truck on the way to go hunting for the first time with the new license.

03-Apr-17
I know that several times, rather than dealing with the HIP brain damage, I have just put down an illegible number and smeared it on mine or a buddy's license to be OK for shooting a grouse or coyote.

04-Apr-17
My older son got his done today, apparently without issue. Good luck to those who waited this long - T minus less than 7 hours!

04-Apr-17
My nonresident friend from Cali called me today and I get her taken care of, no issues.

04-Apr-17
Got a buddy from Peru taken care of and HIP numbers for my boy and me.

08-Apr-17
I'm in for pts and a goat app

bill v

09-Apr-17
I always buy my fishing License first with the stamp at a local store. They do not put them on sale till March 15th. When I apply I have it on file.

• Sitka Gear