BigHornArcher 01-Apr-17
Cazador 01-Apr-17
BigHornArcher 01-Apr-17
Treeline 01-Apr-17
BigHornArcher 01-Apr-17
01-Apr-17

BigHornArcher's embedded Photo
I'm looking for a second choice deer unit. The unit I'm looking at was under subscribed last year and I bought a leftover tag. The hunt summary though shows last year that there were more applicants than tags yet they still had leftovers. Does anyone know what I'm missing? Thanks

01-Apr-17
Dan,

Last year was a "one off" if you will. All turned in tags were placed back into the LO list.

So, all the tags may have been initially drawn, but if someone turned in the tag for whatever reason, that tag was placed back out on the LO list.

I did the same. Pretty much the same process this year except the high end tags.

01-Apr-17
Gotcha. Thanks Chad.

01-Apr-17
That one is unusual. Looks like 35 total applicants counting land owner and 2nd-4th choices. Hard to figure how many of the 2nd thru 4th applicants actually drew another tag. If there were only 9 tags drawn, that would indicate that the 5 LO tags went, the 2 1st choice tags went and two more 2nd thru 4th tags were drawn

The rest of the guys drew 1st thru 3rd choice somewhere else.

I know there were leftover tags for a number of other units last year that do not show up this way.

01-Apr-17

I hadn't thought about that. The second through fourth choose applicants drew elsewhere before it got to their other choices plus a few returned tags thrown in. Here's the other section.

• Sitka Gear