Ben 03-Apr-17
sitO 03-Apr-17
writer 04-Apr-17
Griff 04-Apr-17
Scooby-doo 08-Apr-17
Rich 12-Apr-17
Trvshm 02-Jun-17
03-Apr-17
Anybody have any bow fishing setups they recommend? I'm looking to get a set up and start having some fun. Thanks.

03-Apr-17
I like the AMS Retriever Pro Reel. Voice of experience on this one. The hand reels are cheap and work but if you get excited and accidentally wrap it so that the string can't free-flow (very, very easy to do), the string will break and you will lose your arrow. There goes $10-$15 immediately. Once you do this a couple of times, you'll be wishing you just went ahead and paid the extra money for the Pro Reel.

03-Apr-17
Or the arrow comes back to get you.

03-Apr-17
X2 Charlie. That gets exciting too!

03-Apr-17
I'd go with a Hoyt ;) and I agree with Blake...put that in your diary Blake.

04-Apr-17
Kyle has said something nice, twice, in the same spring.

Ain't love grand...

04-Apr-17
The AMS retrievers are fantastic and will last for a very long time. The oldest one I have now is going on 16 years old and has had more fish than I can count pulled in. The other nice thing about them is if you miss you can get a second shot much quicker with this retriever over the hand reel where you will spend countless amounts of time trying to get your line back on the spool. If you shoot a fish with the old reels you will spend a great deal of time getting your line untangled and out of the mud or weeks and rocks once you pull the fish in. The biggest down side to the old 808 reels and the likes is you always have to remember to click the release button. That is one of the other best things about the AMS retrievers. There is no button to push to release the line. I have 4 of these on bows and would use nothing else. Also get the safety slides that go on the arrow. This allows the line to stay out in front of the bow. Good luck shooting.

08-Apr-17
AMS retriever and pay 100 bucks for a 45# recurve and you will be good to go. Shawn

12-Apr-17
I like the AMS retriever reels a lot too. I personally have found the Muzzy fish points to be hands down the best of all the heads I've used. You'll also want to rig your arrows with the slides so everything stays in front of the bow, not only for safety, it keeps the line drag from pulling the arrow off course.

02-Jun-17
Look into gearhead. They have a unique compact option.

• Sitka Gear