bigwoodsbucks22 04-Apr-17
bigwoodsbucks22 04-Apr-17
BC 04-Apr-17
Moons22 05-Apr-17
mdodraw29 06-Apr-17
MaBow 06-Apr-17
tompolaris 06-Apr-17
04-Apr-17
I am looking to make a pretty large backstop. Would like the shooting area to be at least 4' x 4' if not larger. Something that will be provide plenty of room for error with sighting in, paper tunes, super long shots, and possibly getting into traditional.

I'm sure many of you have made set ups like this before so lets here what you have done and what works/doesn't work. I am mostly interested with what materials to use for the actual backstop. I shoot very heavy arrows pretty fast so I need something that will stop my arrow before the fletching gets ripped off. Pics would be great too. Thanks guys.

04-Apr-17
I will also throw out there that I will have a ton of carpet at my disposal pretty soon if that is a good material to use.

04-Apr-17
You can build a frame per goal post style without the uprights. Drape and secure your carpet over the horizontal and let it hang just off the ground. Use more than one carpet if you want it heavier. If arrow misses your target, the carpet will stop it. Important that you don't secure the bottom of the carpet but let it hang loose. Works nice.

05-Apr-17
Stack of hay always works

06-Apr-17
If you go to a place that sells truck caps they normally have foam blocks that they will give away. They make awesome backstops.

06-Apr-17
I made a pressure treated wood frame. Wrapped it with chicken wire and filled it with plastic wrap that I rolled into basketball sized balls. The plastic wrap I got from shipping and receiving when pallets of material come in they're wrapped in the shrinkwrap. Then I used a 1 in thick insulation board I got from Home Depot. I screwed it up to the front of the target. You will need to replace the foam board as needed

06-Apr-17
Tractor Supply sells birthing mats for cows that are just thick rubber mats. The size You're looking for around $30. Hang it and shoot, Good luck Tompolaris ct.

• Sitka Gear