drslyr 06-Apr-17
BQP 06-Apr-17
jm255 07-Apr-17
Will 07-Apr-17
jm255 07-Apr-17
bigwoodsbucks22 07-Apr-17
chase&me 07-Apr-17
06-Apr-17
Does anyone know someone that has beetles for cleaning skulls to euro mount? I heard you can get it done for really cheap.

06-Apr-17
There is a guy from Spencer that does it

06-Apr-17
A friend of mine in Ny does it. He's got the head I found this past season.

06-Apr-17
There used to be four guys in England. But I think there's only 2 left.

06-Apr-17
i don't know of anyone with beetles but I still have the head of my spike buck. I skinned it and hung it in a tree hoping maggots or something would clean it off. then I realized it was too cold so there was no bugs, but the birds helped pick it clean a bit. from there it has been in a bucket all winter with the lid cracked open a bit because it wouldn't quite fit. haven't looked at it since but have gotten a few wiffs of it... wont be long I'm sure till some maggots or something gets to it. i'm just taking the natural approach i guess. only other thing I've tried before was with a doe head that i buried before winter and dug up around May or so. That worked pretty well

07-Apr-17
$100 bucks any head!!!!!!!!! I'm looking into buying Beatles for this season but untill then I do them the old fashion way!

07-Apr-17
Cant you euro mount via boiling with a water solution containing a little bleach and borax or something like that v using beetles? Or are the beetles a better/different option?

07-Apr-17

jm255's embedded Photo
jm255's embedded Photo
Yea boiling water is the way I learn to do it! Beatles just make it way easier, but keeping them alive all year kinda sucks...... The heads all turn out pritty much the same as long as you have an idea on what your doing!

07-Apr-17
If I can get a skull cleaned for $50 and save myself the several hours worth of work I would be thrilled. Anyone know some prices and if they can send me some phone numbers?

07-Apr-17
3 Arrows Taxidermy in Ludlow has beatles. He is on Chapin St

• Sitka Gear