Hoot 10-Apr-17
Hoot 21-Apr-17
Mike F 21-Apr-17
Crusader dad 22-Apr-17
MF 22-Apr-17
MF 02-May-17
Jeff in MN 04-May-17
08-Apr-17
I have a kill tag for zone D that I have been trying to donate to a youth or vet hunt. A couple hunts have fell thru (child couldn't go for some reason). I thought if someone on this site has a son or daughter they would like to take and they qualify for a transfer tag, send me a message if interested. This is a free tag but recipient must purchase required state license, etc.

08-Apr-17
Blackwolf - Please allow me to be the first to call you a "Stand Up Guy" Thanks for doing what your doing! Great stuff....

09-Apr-17
Blackwolf -

Sent out some more feelers tonight. Sorry to hear that our last try fell through.

09-Apr-17
Pm sent. I've checked the dates and my son would love to take you up on your offer! What you're doing is an awsome gesture. Thanks for the offer even if my boy isn't the one you select.

09-Apr-17
Oconto River Kids. Bruce Watruba 715-927-7771. I used them last year. They alsso do a very good follow up for you.

09-Apr-17

MF's Link
Blackwolf.......Check the link out and give them a call....you want to donate a bear tag to a child with a life threatening issue. I have used them before.

09-Apr-17
Pm sent

09-Apr-17
PM sent

09-Apr-17
Crusader asked first . Only right to give it to him . If you so decide to give it to his son you'll make a young man happy with a memory for a life time . Great gesture on your part !

09-Apr-17
Crusader asked first . Only right to give it to him . If you so decide to give it to his son you'll make a young man happy with a memory for a life time . Great gesture on your part !

10-Apr-17
Swampy +1

10-Apr-17
Thanks for the boost guys. Like I told Jim in the email, Collin is not a vet, not dying, and not handicapped. Someone like that should get this tag first if possible and Collin would want it that way.

He is a great kid though and loves bowhunting. He would greatly appreciate the opportunity. We would skip our annual weeklong deer hunt and instead go bear hunting.

I haven't even said anything to him about this so even though I hope it works out that he's awarded this tag, he'll never know if he isn't. I did however already set the dates we would go and got the ok from my wife if things work out.

10-Apr-17
Crusader dad "Collin is not a vet, not dying, and not handicapped. Someone like that should get this tag first if possible" I am glad you posted this. I would rather see the tag go to a young hunter that might only have one opportunity. "To be able to take away the pain and worries for these kids and families for what time they have left is priceless".

10-Apr-17
The hunter I suggested is like a 1o year old kid with Leukemia that we had on our Learn To Turkey hunt this weekend(he shot a nice tom) But I am good with you ever asked first or whatever

10-Apr-17
https://vimeo.com/198267381 I think he may be doing pretty good right now

Now who knows if he would be able to for sure or not. Woudl have to go over all the details.

10-Apr-17
Blackwolf - I commend you for donating a tag to kids or a disabled vet. We (NBC Guide Service) are also looking for a zone D tag. We have a young boy with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. He's had two surgeries so far in his young life, but is a real trooper and has shown a real interest in bear hunting. Thanks for your time. We had a wounded warrior last year and a kid. It really makes a person feel privileged to do these type of hunts for the disabled. If anyone else knowns of a Zone D person that would like to donate a tag for this boy please send me a PM.

21-Apr-17
I would just like to thank blackwolf for donating his bear tag to Brady, a ten year old that has Hodgkins Lympoma. He's been battling it for a couple of years now. He is a real trooper and never complains. He did get a turkey this year on a youth hunt in So. Wi. I can't thank him enough for donating his tag to Brady.

Thanks again Blackwolf. Hope you can make it to bear camp when he's hunting.

21-Apr-17
Thanks for donating the tag! Kudo's!!!

I am sure Hoot and Art will do their best to get the young hunter a bear. Hoot, make sure to get pictures and keep us informed on the progress.

22-Apr-17
I'm hoping they do a live hunt thread! It would be fun to follow along with that.

22-Apr-17
I also have a bear tag to donate....it will be to a Vet. It will be fun to post a live hunt thread.

02-May-17
Finally located a Vet "Purple Heart" to donate the bear tag too.

04-May-17
Awesome stuff going on here.

Jim, I haven't seen you posting much now days but you did start a great discussion with this generous gift.

MF, good for you too. Not only a tag but the hunt too.

• Sitka Gear