grindersonly 15-Apr-17
alldone4 15-Apr-17
timberdoodle 25-Apr-17
10-Apr-17

Zim1's embedded Photo
Zim1's embedded Photo
Zim1's embedded Photo
Zim1's embedded Photo
Anyone know this guy? John Kassera? I helped crate and pack up the taxidermy mounts at the P&Y Convention Sunday and crated the Kassera buck by myself. So if something is screwed up you know who did it. But this guy built the best crate at the show and was easy to assemble. Coincidentally my best ever whitetail gross scored exactly the same as this buck 162 2/8 haha. I didn't understand why there weren't more typical entries in the whitetail category at the show. Anyone know?

10-Apr-17

Zim1's embedded Photo
Zim1's embedded Photo
Zim1's embedded Photo
Zim1's embedded Photo
I also packed up a bear skull belonging to Lee Lakosky. He shipped it in a hurricane proof trunk.

11-Apr-17
The Kassera buck was shot 1 mile from me. It was scored multiple times and was the new typical WI state record. He then had to send it to Kansas City I believe to score it again and because of the common base on right g3 was told it's not the record.

11-Apr-17
I just read the story on mjs and it is a good one! I'd link it but post from my phone and don't know how. At the time of the stories publishing, it had not been knocked down all the way to 162. They scored it over 200 gross and 193 net. How did he lose that many points in deductions?

It sure makes me proud of our state that we've had so many true Giants shot by bow in all different parts of the state. I truly believe that we have the best world class trophy deer herd in America. Even with a half million orange clad hunters and no apr's we continue to lead the country in p&y entries by a wide margin.

11-Apr-17
I don't get how you can get a deduction for more antlers on one side that the other and then get credit for the air between the antlers.

11-Apr-17
Ohhhh that would explain things. Im no expert scorer but I knew this buck was way bigger than mine. Ya there must have been some major deduction I noticed the shared base. Either way who cares it's just a number. Cool buck.

12-Apr-17
Camp 2, +1

13-Apr-17
"Anyone know this guy? John Kassera?"

We know him now. You gave us his name, address, and phone number.

15-Apr-17
camp 2, +2

15-Apr-17
Nt class is open. I had a 169 get king bucked down to 133. It is what it is, great buck. Move on.

25-Apr-17
Interesting. BTW, didn't they change the scoring rule for the common base after King submitted it for entry? If both of those were really a single forked point, I guess they should probably re-score the Van Lith buck soon...

• Sitka Gear