Babysaph 13-Apr-17
WV Mountaineer 13-Apr-17
WV Mountaineer 14-Apr-17
babysaph 14-Apr-17
woodstick 14-Apr-17
Babysaph 15-Apr-17
babysaph 15-Apr-17
12-Apr-17
"Scooby I hope that you have been warned about hunting in the WV "bow only" counties because the crime is terrible, especially when you have out of state tags. Do your research, that's all I'm saying."

Found this on main bowsite forum on a topic talking about sleeper deer states. Great tourism booster.

12-Apr-17
It gets better,

"Yeah, those pill head, welfare ridden, artist community's would have a ball with a guy from New York down there deer hunting. Watch yourself, your stuff, and do some homework. Most importantly, don't let anything you cherish out of your sight when you are down there Scooby. Some great people there for sure. But, there is higher than average concentration of not so good people. God Bless men"

12-Apr-17
Was that a joke.... or something? Why else would anyone write something like that?

Edit: Well... I went over there and read the thread. I didn't see any context for that to be a humorous post. Don't have a clue why that was posted except to warn folks about how terrible the folks are in southern WV. But... WV Mountaineer has never been bashful about expressing his opinions. I'm sure he'll be along to tell us.

:^)

12-Apr-17
IDK, unfortunately I don't think it was a joke. You can read post on main Bowsite. Sounded like they were warning people thinking of going to the 4 bow counties but IDK?

13-Apr-17
I read it last night, what a Shame ! Sad, sad, !! and then say's "God bless Men "

13-Apr-17
It is sad. Where I hunt in Pendleton County is a big recreational area. fishing, skiing and hunting etc. We get people come from all over and use our state for these services and then I hear them making fun of us. Sure we have some crime and drugs here in our state but what state doesn't? Boy I set em straight when I hear them saying anything bad about our state.

13-Apr-17
WOW! Can't believe one of our own would post such slanderous comments. No context at all suggesting it was somehow a joke.

13-Apr-17
Guys, you need to respond over there--I just did. His further "explanation" is sort of like the United Airlines guy trying to "walk back" (as the politicians say) his prior remarks.

13-Apr-17
After reading some post on the WVBA political post and then seeing all the grief here written about the post has me befuddled in some aspects it is ok to complain and warn and in others it is bad??? JR you trust going into some places in Martinsburg anymore with the drug problems? No one loves WV anymore than me but we have our problems as well as everyone else. I hope turkey season gets here soon so we can start seeing some pics and post on hunting.

13-Apr-17
I've hunted in all 4 counties off/on since early 90s. Some of my best friends live there. I grew up 6 miles from WY county border. There are good people and bad people just like there is everywhere else. I've had trailer hitches stolen. We've has gates pulled and roofing tacks put in the road. But I've never had an actual confrontation with anyone, but other people I know have but they were verbal and not physical. I've never had a stand or camera stolen but I know people that have. I never go without a pistol in my pocket but I never go anywhere without one either. Personally, I feel safer walking to my stand down there than I feel walking anywhere on the West side of Charleston. I think the risk of theft is higher than the threat of any actual bodily injury.

It's pretty well known that all of southern WV has an opioid addiction problem and I think most thefts are to get money for their addiction. I've had more stolen in my driveway than I have in the bow counties. For every desperate drug addict there are many more that would give you the shirt off their back if needed.

13-Apr-17

gobbler's Link
This was from main site posted by someone. WOW, I didn't realize crime rate was so high in Logan county. At least the murder rate is really low.

13-Apr-17
I have several friends in those counties, love em, they have invited me down many times to hunt both for deer, bear and hogs ! I've never had any problems, most guys treated me like Royalty !

13-Apr-17
Gobbler I think you hit the nail on the head - the opioid problem is just insane all over. Here in Berkeley county there are 3 to 4 OD's everyday - sometimes more! Just heard on Fox the other day about a report and it was an insane number of opioid pain killers that have been sent to WV over just the past 4 or 5 years!

13-Apr-17
Yea drugs are all over. I'm like gobbler I don't go anywhere without a gun. I have no call to go in to drug area in any town.

13-Apr-17
I guess the name calling is the most insulting part. Your odds are pretty good to get a tailgate, trailer hitch, spare tire, camera, or treestand stolen anywhere unless you are there guarding them. They wouldn't sell camera and treestand locks if it was a problem exclusive to southern WV.

13-Apr-17
Some of the nicest people that I have met in the state are in the Pineville area.

13-Apr-17
I'm certain not one of you have tried to log in southern WV. If you had, you'd known I wasn't talking about treestands, tailgates, and trail cameras being stolen. FWIW, I haven't walked back anything. While I wasn't trying to upset any of you, I owe none of you or, anyone else an apology. I said what I said and I meant it. I'd suggest all of you go read it before making statements about me slamming this state The theft rate is 5 times higher in Logan County than the rest of the nation's average. Ever wander why? I'm going out on a limb and say in order to pay for their habits. But, it's just petty theft. Right?

As I said before, I have family there. I married there. I lived/live there. And, you can find these problems anywhere. I also stated that the best people in the world come from this area as well. However, some of you choose to twist what I said into something I didn't to become insulted. Instead of taking it for what it is. That's a pretty pathetic reaction from some of you but, right on par for others of you.

Some of you get on here calling the people of this state bubba's and good ole boy's for shooting more than one buck, shooting a small buck, or wanting to keep tradition a part of our gun season by allowing more than a one buck harvest statewide. Insinuating your intelligence and lifestyle choices are better. Your mentality is better. Looking down your superior noses. I didn't do that here nor, will I ever do that from a seat of self enamored superiority. However, I called the low life thieving trash, low life thieving trash. And, some of you guys got your feelings hurt over that?

You aren't scared to talk of the troubles of ghetto life in big city's. You aren't afraid to talk about your fellow residents as dumb bubba's and simple minded fools because they don't share your mindset on something like deer hunting. I'm talking about keeping a roof over my head and the heads of my employees and crews. And, you have the nerve to act as if I'm outta line. Are you kidding me?

13-Apr-17
So it was you mountaineer?

13-Apr-17
Jeff, I was talking to a lot of people in that post. Including you. What applies to you does. What doesn't, applies to others. Thieving low life trash and welfare, artist community go hand in hand every where they exist. That's just the way it is. Would you feel differently had I said thieving trash in Texas? Be it Mercer County WV, Mingo County WV, or Compton in LA, it applies equally when these problems exist. You have no problems making that connection in other places. Why here then? Because you live here. Me too. Got family here? Me too. Love it here? Me too.

You are right, it is what it is. And, should't be made into anything it isn't.

14-Apr-17
Good night Buddy.

14-Apr-17
You want to see some drugs come over here in the Eastern Panhandle where I live.

14-Apr-17

woodstick's embedded Photo
There's safety in numbers
woodstick's embedded Photo
There's safety in numbers

15-Apr-17
I live in jefferson county but my cabin and properties are near the south branch in Pendleton county

15-Apr-17
My cabin is at the smoke holel. I have a friend that does that too. It is a nice area

• Sitka Gear