sportsman of the year
Massachusetts
Contributors to this thread:
stillhunter 14-Apr-17
Bowhunt3138 14-Apr-17
mdodraw29 15-Apr-17
Will 17-Apr-17
14-Apr-17
so its spring and like most of you I watch the states trout stocking web sight in anticipation. thou it is my personal belief that is partly fiction, not to bash the good people who volunteer and make it all happen because your time and effort is appreciated, but I live right next to trout stocked water and either their are tire tracks from the two and a half ton truck that was supposable just hear, or their isn't. So anyways I headed out this morning with my five year old daughter who arguably is more excited about fishing season then I am. when I got to the spot were I was headed, their was already a truck their, so naturally I walked down the opposite side of the bridge and up stream maybe 75 yards of the other fisherman. I then watched this man, and I use that loosely run, not walk, from were he was to our side of the bridge and cast a line out in front of a five year old girl. "sportsman of the year". I don't know if it was the look of confusion on my daughters face or the look of anger on mine that compelled the man to speak, but he says how many other spots have you been today? none I respond. he then tells me how he caught his limit in two minutes up the street from hear. Is that so I say. after a short pause and a nervous look he says, I threw them all back. of course you did I say.. Its moments like this that remind me of those old fish and game posters they used to have. " gee mister are their going to be any fish left when I grow up" .I guess the point of this whole rant is teach your children to be ethical.

14-Apr-17
What an asshat . What is wrong with people ? I hope your daughter had fun anyway.

15-Apr-17
Some people just don't get it.

17-Apr-17
Complete jerk. It's taken to extreme levels given your grand daughter... but even if it was just you, who does that! It's just not ok, not on any level at all.

It's funny, I've heard people like that complain that licenses cost to much and there's not as many fish as there used to be etc... Gee, wonder why bud... Wonder why.

Hope it didnt sour the day to much for the kiddo!

• Sitka Gear