crestedbutte 26-Apr-17
crestedbutte 26-Apr-17
crestedbutte 26-Apr-17
Habitat1 28-Apr-17
crestedbutte 29-Apr-17
17-Apr-17

crestedbutte's embedded Photo
The KBA is planting trees! Join the KBA for Conservation Day out at Fall River State Park this Saturday 4/22. We are planting Oak & Bald Cypress trees to replace trees lost to past flooding.

See attached flyer for details related to time, location, contact info., etc. If event is cancelled due to weather it will be re-scheduled for the following Sat. 4/29.

18-Apr-17
Just curious, that area floods all the time, won't the new trees just get flooded again?

19-Apr-17
From what I understand, the park folks picked the location and they paid for the trees. The KBA is supplying labor to help get them in the ground. But yes if it floods and the trees are underwater for a long period of time, they can drown.

If you are off work, come join us!

20-Apr-17
Just a small change to the location that we will be camping. We will be in the Gobblers Knob camping site. This location has a couple shelters where we will be able to get out of the rain to visit and cook meals. We may not get started at 8:00 with planting, it will depend on when the rain moves out. Look forward to seeing you there.

20-Apr-17
Anyone planning to show up Friday afternoon / evening?

I could go up tomorrow and set some signs if you want.

21-Apr-17
Marvin I know that Kent, Dave, Brand and Bob McCartney are planning to be there in the evening Friday. If you wanted to put out a couple signs to help them find the right location that would be great. I think I'm going to wait till Saturday morning to come down.

26-Apr-17

Up with trees!
Up with trees!
Here are pic's from KBA Conservation Day 2017 and members planting trees at Fall River State Park. Had a good turn out, great camping, campfires and ate very well of course! Thank you all who gave of their time and labor for this habitat and park improvement project.

Some of you Bowsiter's will have to join in on the fun next year or join us for next month's event....Prairie Dog Shoot in northwest KS.

26-Apr-17

Digging to China?
Digging to China?

26-Apr-17

1 down & 1 million to go!
1 down & 1 million to go!

28-Apr-17
What kind did you plant