clink 20-Apr-17
Proline 21-Apr-17
BC 21-Apr-17
Will 21-Apr-17
Jebediah 21-Apr-17
huntskifishcook 21-Apr-17
Will 23-Apr-17
18-Apr-17
Half way to deer season. To celebrate I spray painted one of my stands brown, it had faded to a very light gray. At the same time spray painted my new pants, so I'm in the doghouse, but boy that stand looks good. It's all downhill from here. In the blink of an eye, back up in the tree.

18-Apr-17

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo
Watched her feed for about 30 mins while turkey scouting today. She's in trouble come September archery in Nh!

18-Apr-17
I feel like I have so.much to do still. I need a new string, some new arrows, and some more practice time. In the middle of all that, I'm selling my house to buy a bigger one. I at least got new fiber optic sights for my shotguns. I really want new arrows. I only have 6 left. And my bow needs a new string. It won't last a full season with weather and practice. I guess I'll start with a new string. I do keep thinking of the season. So exciting.

18-Apr-17
I have to try not to think about it,it's like when your a kid and thanksgiving hits, you know you only have to wait a month for the millennium falcon...but it's the longest month of you life! Lol. I started to step up the trips to the range, and I've worked in a couple of small food plots,with a mineral site in the mix. I lost my longest running camera to sticky fingers, 4 years in service. It was pretty much dead anyway,and it only cost me 30 bucks,so not much of a lose. It was the only cam I hadent moved to 12 feet,mostly because I figured it barely worked at ground level. I'll go back in again soon and swap batteries, scout for changing patterns, but other than that, it's flinging arrows and getting tuned up. Can't wait!

19-Apr-17

bowandspear's embedded Photo
bowandspear's embedded Photo
Bird scouting has had me peeking in on my herd the last week on this property, not the greatest quality pic hard to count to 20+ herded up in field and woods.

19-Apr-17
I would actually poop my camo if thus 20+ rolled through under my stand like migrating caribou lol

19-Apr-17
20+! Wth is that?

19-Apr-17
I've actually had 17 and 15 all around me a couple times. While it was neat to see I actually hated it. That equates 30 + eyes and any movement is not an option.

20-Apr-17
Proline, I suggest you go with a semi-auto shotgun and lots of deer tags. You could at least get 2 deer.

20-Apr-17
First pic looks like she's preggers. Can't wait. Im tickled just thinking about being back in the stand.

21-Apr-17
unfortunately the stand I was in both times is a bow only spot. It's right to the northeast side of a bedding area. I see more deer off that one stand than I do in all my other stands combined. The funny thing is I can never catch a good buck entering that bedding area during the rut and never understand that. I have a stand on the west side as well.

21-Apr-17

BC's embedded Photo
BC's embedded Photo
Herd of 17. Last day of the late season last year in PA. Twelve hunters, all archery.

21-Apr-17
Wholly smokes. 6 to go. I need to get busy :) I still refuse to shoot, though will bring it to the thing on the 30th with you all assuming the star's stay aligned and I can go (just look for the hippie with the birkenstocks on :)) to see how shooting cold impacts me... if we shoot.

BC that's nutz. That said, a few years hunting SW CT, always the last week of the season (around Xmas-New Year), I had groups of 30-50 go through. it was crazy. One was in the morning and they climbed a steep ravine - I couldnt see into - and onto the flat I was on, regrettably about 50-60yds over. It was crazy - like the ravine was just barfing them up over and over again! The bigger group - 50, possibly more, was a the end of legal, same area, but coming the opposite way. I'd just had a stare down with a group of 6. Was going to shoot one of them, but they pinned me in the tree and I couldnt draw. Finally I just said "heck with it" and tried, and they all bounded past. So, those 6 went past me... Then in the distance where they came from comes more deer... and it looked like a cattle yard. Literally 50+ in one group. It was absolutely insane... and they all took the one general run that went to far to my North... And to far to my wives south. So 60+ seen on the evening and no arrows released! FUN though!

21-Apr-17
Will you cover more ground if you post your wives in various locations rather than all together in one spot.

21-Apr-17
Haha, now that right there is funny Jeb!

23-Apr-17
Bahhhhh hahaha! Cant believe i did that Jeb! Dont tell her theres more...

• Sitka Gear