brewcrewmike 21-Apr-17
Tweed 21-Apr-17
brewcrewmike 21-Apr-17
Two Feathers 23-Apr-17
happygolucky 23-Apr-17
Kevin™ 23-Apr-17
RutnStrut 23-Apr-17
21-Apr-17
Two years ago a co-worker educated me on HuntGreen MMSD Greenseam properties hunting permissions. Is anyone familiar with this group or been selected to hunt on one of their properties? I've put in two years and haven't been selected. I was going to put my name in the hat again this year because it would give me an opportunity to hunt closer to home. Just looking for more information.

Thank you!

21-Apr-17
Everyone is allowed now. You just have to register.

There are a few guys here (including myself) that hunt them. Sometimes we try to coordinate so we don't step on each other but it is public.

21-Apr-17
Tweed, is the selection process completely random or do they take into account how long you have been trying to get selected? Similar to the preference points used for bear ...

21-Apr-17
No selection anymore. Type in your email and a few minutes later you get permission. You can get permission to all of them.

21-Apr-17
Wow! That seems like it could become a mess. Knowing little to nothing about the properties, what is the deer population like? I'm just trying to work on a game plan early this year so I'm not scrambling in July/August. I have a few other places already lined up north but I'd like to find something closer to home. Thanks!

21-Apr-17
Its a mess during the rut. They get hit heavy and the deer, I believe, go nocturnal. Prior to that though the population looks good, you'll usually bump some while scouting.

Its nice because they feed in the farm fields and can find sanctuary in Bill and Chip's backyard in the subdivision across the street.

21-Apr-17
Thanks Tweed for all the good information.

23-Apr-17
MMSD is Metro Milwaukee Sewer District?

23-Apr-17
I've done in Washington County. I never had issues with others but only hunted during the week and never in the rut.

23-Apr-17
I remember hunting one of their properties when you still had to apply and they had the rule no tree stands left out in the woods. I get out there and this little patch of woods has a stand in just about every other tree. It was kind of comical. And frustrating to hunt . With all of the other people.

23-Apr-17
Pretty much sounds lie regular public land anywhere in the state. There are rules/laws but they aren't followed by most.

• Sitka Gear