HerdManager 03-Jun-17
HerdManager 03-Jun-17
HerdManager 03-Jun-17
Rut Nut 05-Jun-17
HerdManager 05-Jun-17
HerdManager 17-Jun-17
DCNOE 17-Jun-17
21-Apr-17
Ok I've only bow fished a few times by myself and I'd like to go with someone that has done it and has a boat setup for bow fishing.

So a few years back I was out on a lake (Electric motors only ) in Susquehanna Co. kayaking as I was going down the shore line I saw a bunch of carp spawning. These were big carp, two footers.

So if anyone would like to take me here's what I can do. I would go up to the lake and find out first if there are carp on the shore line and in good numbers and if so maybe we can setup a time to go. If I don't find any or poor numbers, well we don't go. Just and idea. PM me if interested. Thanks Ed

21-Apr-17
".......I was going down the shore line I saw a bunch of crap spawning." Sewer trout with an arrow?:) sorry Ed.... Just couldnt pass it by

21-Apr-17
Crap Dale you got me.. Lol. But I did fix it.

24-Apr-17

HerdManager's embedded Photo
It's a blast!! But you don't need a boat, just wade the shoreline and shoot them. Boat does give you much more access, but either way it's fun. Pic is from last year at Presque Isle.

My son and I were up at Presque Isle on Saturday, then Pymatuning Sunday. Carp are not really in Presque Isle yet, but they are in shallow at Pymatuning. He shot 9 and I shot 6 yesterday. He shot a monster, but it pulled off the arrow after wrapping around a tree. Probably a 20-25 pound carp.

15-May-17

Shot some carp up at Pymatuning yesterday. Biggest was 16#. I think I shot 9, but only missed 4 or 5. Water was very murky from all the rain, so it was tough.

15-May-17
I got a guy that said he would take me.. I wanted to get out this pass weekend and look to see if they (fish) are in the lake that I was talking about in the above post. It was raining all weekend and off and on for the last 2 weeks and being that this lake in a dam holding back water.. The lake is like 10 or 15 feet up. So I'll see what the next week or so brings.

15-May-17
The carp are in shallow everywhere now. The next month will be awesome everywhere! Get out there and shoot some!

16-May-17
Thanks Sticks,, hoping we can put this together. A friend that owns a archery shop set me up with a guy that has a boat and is set for night fishing also. He fish's the Susquehanna river alot. The bad is, the water is way up.

18-May-17
Heading up to Lake Erie on Saturday for some smallmouth fishing and then bowfishing once the sun is up high enough. Should be a blast!

24-May-17
We were headed to Erie, then ran into a guy at a gas station who was coming back from Erie. Said big waves and high wind. We went to Pymatuning instead. Water was murky and it was cloudy. We wound up only shooting 5 carp, but it was still a fun day.

25-May-17
Heading up to Erie and/or Pymatuning Saturday and Monday this weekend. Hoping to put some fat walleye in the cooler, and some giant carp on the end of an arrow!

30-May-17
Went to Pymi Sunday. I think the shad population has absolutely exploded. There are dead and dying shad all over the lake, so all the fish in the lake are gorged on shad. Didn't get one bite while trolling for 3 hours. Bowfishing was tough. Water was muddy and it was cloudy. Wound up shooting 4 carp.

03-Jun-17

HerdManager's MOBILE embedded Photo

Went up to Presque Isle today. Weeds are really coming in, but we did well. My son and I got new personal best carp. Mine was 27 pounds, his was 22 pounds. Probably put close to 200 pounds of carp in the boat.

03-Jun-17

03-Jun-17
We saw some carp that were easily 40-50 pounds, but they are SO boat shy. As soon as you get within 10 yards they start going deep or spook. It is exciting to see a 4' fish that is about 12" wide when they face you.

05-Jun-17
Good shootin' Herd and son! :) Looks like a good time!

05-Jun-17

It was a blast! My boat is trashed, but that's ok. Saw a few goldfish also. My son loves to shoot them. I guess people let them go?

17-Jun-17

Up to Erie this morning. Most of the carp are gone. We shot a few, including this 16 pounder. May give Wilhelm a try next.

17-Jun-17
Looks fun, but just curious what do you do with them? I've never heard of anyone eating them. So how do you get rid of 200 lbs of fish?

• Sitka Gear