Wild Bill 23-Apr-17
Mike in CT 24-Apr-17
bigbuckbob 24-Apr-17
Wild Bill 24-Apr-17
Fainsirly 15-Jul-20
BBB 15-Jul-20
N8tureBoy 16-Jul-20
21-Apr-17
I've been using judo points for fun practice/ varmit shooting in the woods and have lost a few lately. Anybody use anything better that doesn't get sucked up under leaves and brush? I'm using a Halon 6 at approx. 270-275 fps Thanks

21-Apr-17
I also use judo points..use hi viz lighted nock and vane..i like pink cause it matches my eyes..lol

22-Apr-17
we would know you like pink .lol

22-Apr-17

notme's Link
https://youtu.be/icmYIRr86k4

Yup steve i do love pink..;)

22-Apr-17
Tom, I've used a medium sized washer and placed it over the shank on a field point or blunt point between the arrow and tip. It weighs a little more up front but really won't affect flight for most close range shots. The washer really absorbs a lot of the force and won't bury into the leaves/ground/stump as far as a judo. It really packs a wallop if you hit a varmint too!

22-Apr-17
Kyle great idea thanks i'll make up a few. Wow I should have thought of that :>0

23-Apr-17
Here's a tip, don't do it.

After you smash a couple of twelve dollar arrows, you'll get what I mean.

24-Apr-17
Bill,

How about using rubber, not metal washers?

24-Apr-17
Use a bow fishing set up where you have the string attached to your judo point arrow?

24-Apr-17
Mike, I shoot rubber bludgeons, but not at stumps, because sometimes a dead stump is just as hard as a live tree. At Algonquin Archers we have a knock-a-block course. The targets are a foam block, attached to a wood platform with velcro. If the foam block is hit, the block tumbles off and has to be reset for the next shooter. If I hit the wood platform, the impact drives the insert back up into the shaft and ruins the arrow. I've even had the aluminum fingers that peel away pierce the rubber bludgeon from the back end. All my bludgeon arrows have been previously shortened due to damage, for one reason or another, and the longer bludgeon sort of makes up the length difference.

Now I reserve my bludgeon shooting to a swinging plastic bottle, in front of a foam backstop, and to a couple of practice shots to the ground, before descending from my treestand.

Last Saturday I shot the IBO Rhode Island championship and helped a friend try to remove an errant arrow from a live tree trunk, behind the target. In the process of trying to wiggle it as we pulled, we heard a snap. He then proceeded to remove the carbon as a spiral strand. The back end of the insert was visible and sticking back out enough to grasp with pliers. But it never budged and we had to leave it there. So with maybe an inch of penetration, the arrow was a loss.

15-Jul-20
Thanks a lot for sharing this with me. This post was really helpful to me and I would love to read more of these posts. By the way, do you guys know where I could buy an essay cheap as I need help with my writing tasks? Please recommend me some good services which would be helpful for me and which are also cheap.

15-Jul-20
Damn, and I need a cheap essay on how to write an ad for cheap essay sales methods.

16-Jul-20

N8tureBoy's Link
Great quotes from history...

• Sitka Gear