skookumjt 22-Apr-17
Tweed 22-Apr-17
GoJakesGo 22-Apr-17
happygolucky 23-Apr-17
glunker 24-Apr-17
21-Apr-17

GoJakesGo's embedded Photo
The new property I purchased has a creek running along the back property line. Down the center of the property runs a spring tributary. It has been a very wet spring but im guessing the flow is consistent with the lack of tree growth.

I got to thinking this would be a nice spot to grow a food plot. Any thoughts on what would grow in such moist soil? To wet for atv travel and adding anything other than seed would pollute the creek below. Leave as is, or throw some sort of seed blend?

Marc

21-Apr-17

21-Apr-17

Exits the ground under the rock

22-Apr-17
There is a guy that posts on the main forum once in a while. He goes by the name of nutritionist. I would get ahold of him and ask. He really seems to know his stuff.

22-Apr-17
John O'brion with Grandpa Ray Outdoors is the guy you are talking about. I stock pretty m all he offers. Without seeing your site, it's hard to make a recommendation but I would assume you will need to stick with annuals you can plant when it finally dries up. Soil type/ nutrition and sunlight are your limiting factors.

22-Apr-17
Can you trench it to help it drain, giving you more dry area?

22-Apr-17
I hope to do that. My primary worry is the soil will need to be balanced and any fertilizer or lime will reach the creek. I was hoping for some simple throw and grow ideas.

23-Apr-17
Winter rye and oats will grow on wet concrete. Those would be a good choice and they could be broadcast seeded each August without having to disturb the soil.

24-Apr-17
Watercress might grow

• Sitka Gear