Gene 01-May-17
27-Apr-17

SILVERADO's embedded Photo
1 1/2" spurs
1 1/2" spurs
So this morning I got my first turkey down, after several seasons and close encounters. I worked a 24 shift at the firehouse and got off this morning, made it to the woods by 8:40. I had setup my ground blind 3 days ago and was ready to go. Made a few yelps on my box call and immediately got a response from a few toms several hundred yds away. I waited about 15 minutes and hit it again no response, gave it another 5 and had them gobbling again this time they were getting closer. I was texting my bud tim and he was coaching me through what to do. I gave it a few purrs and they sounded off this time real close however I couldn't see them. A few more putts and purrs and I can see them about 60yds out in the front yd of the house I have permission to hunt. One more set of purrs and they beeline it for me. They see my avian x decoys and start to strut and sound off again at about 25 yds. Then head straight into the decoys. I have them at 7 yds. I'm on them I just need them to clear each other since they are in direct line of each other. One steps a little further ahead and I shoot and pinwheel him, the other takes off and goes over the stone wall and gobbles. Mine is stone dead 10 yds. The grim reaper broad head ate him up. Broken wing, massive entrance and exit hole. Just got done weighing him 24.84lbs, 1 1/2" spurs, 10" beard i'm pumped

27-Apr-17
Nicely done!

27-Apr-17
Wow !!!! Kick a** !!!!!!!!!

Better than my jake today

27-Apr-17
Congrats Dave. Thats a big turkey.

I heard you were gonna mount it...... but the neighbor showed up.

27-Apr-17
Lol crow. Nice bird silver and thanks for sharing the story, love experiencing it through your words

27-Apr-17
Nice going Dave !!!!

27-Apr-17
U beat me to it crow..lol

Cool beans bud,congrats!!!

27-Apr-17
Saw your pic on the book of faces and hoped you'd post it here. Great hunt and a lifelong memory!

27-Apr-17
Great Tom Dave, Congrats!

27-Apr-17

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo
Here is a photo from my trail cam when Dave shot the turkey you can see the turkeys wings flapping and if you look close you can see 2 feathers floating in air it must of been a sec after the shot .

27-Apr-17
Great Job Dave!! Thats at least a 4 year old bird so you must have done something right!!

27-Apr-17
Thanks guys! I'm hooked now, can't wait to get out again and try for a 2nd one.

27-Apr-17
Great bird - congrats! Any bird with a bow is a trophy

28-Apr-17
Good job. Make sure to tip your guide....

29-Apr-17
Congrats! Did the second one ever come back? I have seen videos where they attack the one that was shot

30-Apr-17
I got so excited that I packed up and grabbed my bird. Lol

30-Apr-17
When I get excited I grab my bird too :)

01-May-17
This is a massive turkey, congrats Dave!

01-May-17
Congrats

• Sitka Gear