Ace 18-May-17
bigbuckbob 18-May-17
Gene 18-May-17
30-Apr-17

Gene's embedded Photo
Coyote kill
Gene's embedded Photo
Coyote kill
I went out Thursday morning, set out a decoy, got into a hedgerow within 100yards of birds on roost. I heard them fly down and instead of entering the field as they usually do, they went away from me down into the woods.I tried calling and the gobbler was responding but going away. I could hear another gobbler coming towards me thru the woods but he eventually moved on in the same direction of the original bunch. Out of the corner of my eye I saw movement and turned to look in the direction of my decoy and a coyote was hauling ass towards the woods. Figuring that this spot was ruined for the morning, I stepped out to get my decoy and less than 20 feet from the decoy was the remains of a tom. Apparently this coyote dropped it when he saw me or winded me. I sent a photo of the kill by text to a few turkey hunting friends and titled it"Here's one we won't get". I haven't been out since but plan on going out tomorrow.

30-Apr-17
Wow that sucks! Damn coyotes

30-Apr-17
Remember that coyote is now open during turkey. Kill every one you can. Do not pass one up.

02-May-17
I DIDNT KNOW THAT ,DID THAT JUST START ??

02-May-17
Yes. This year is the first year the state finally got smart.

02-May-17
Wow!

08-May-17
Wow. That's pretty amazing to encounter. I bet they pick off a lot of turkey's - certainly a lot of them around...

18-May-17
Thought on killing coyotes for population control? I have heard a few experts talk on the topic and it doesn't seem like it does any good. In fact, it might have the reverse effect.

18-May-17
Coyotes, Bears, and Bobcats kill a lot of fawns. Since we can't do anything about the bear and bobcat numbers, we might as well do what we can and kill coyotes. I'm sure that you would need to kill a lot of them to have a big effect, but I think that if you want higher fawn recruitment you should kill as many as you can.

18-May-17
Ace hit the nail on the head. The deer herd has seen a significant decline in recent years and the DEEP and hunters alike agree that predation has made a huge impact. If you want to see more deer you'll need to eliminate as many yotes as possible.

18-May-17
I went out fishing with a fiend last night and he told me that he also found the head, neck and one wing of a turkey while turkey hunting yesterday morning.

• Sitka Gear