Cranial Vault 02-May-17
Bigbuckbob 02-May-17
Tall 1 02-May-17
onepin 04-May-17
Cranial Vault 04-May-17
Tall 1 04-May-17
Richm444 05-May-17
30-Apr-17
Anyone have a good / interesting recipe for wild turkey?

30-Apr-17
We do two things with the breast. Hammer out small cutlets and cook them like Veal Parm. Other thing is cut the breast into small strips and fry them like chicken strips. Even taste great heated up the next day.

30-Apr-17
I've done the strips but like the hammered cutlet idea. Gotta try it this week. Thanks NE

30-Apr-17
Turkey pot pie !

30-Apr-17
Brine the breast and smoke it. Finish it in the oven. Slice thin and enjoy with your favorite beverage.

30-Apr-17
This months' Field and Stream has an interesting recipe

01-May-17

Cranial Vault's embedded Photo
Cranial Vault's embedded Photo
Brined then smoked (225 degrees) till finish (160 degrees internal). Comes out nice and juicy every time. I usually then cube it up and make turkey salad, etc. or just eat sliced thin. Thighs, drums and wings get slow braised then pulled off the bone for turkey pot pies. Here's a shot of two breasts I did.

02-May-17
wow - you pluck out the feathers too ? I have just been filleting out the breast -

02-May-17
Yes. I always pluck. Pluck the whole bird. Just plucked two Toms this morning! Extremely easy when they're warm.

02-May-17
Cranial, I skin and bones. Plucking is easier when the bird is warm but still not on my top 10 list of things I like to do

02-May-17

Tall 1's embedded Photo
Tall 1's embedded Photo
Sliced, marinate if desired then grilled. Had it today.

04-May-17
I take the breasts out and slice into 1in x 1in strips. then marinate in Italian dressing for an hour or two than pop on the grill at med heat till cooked through. simple and delicious. Rick

04-May-17
You guys eating the thighs and drums?? If not...I think you're wasting quite literally half the bird! It's a shame when I hear people say, "Meh...I just breast 'em out." That'd be like shooting a deer and cutting just the straps out. FWIW.

04-May-17
Breasts get skinked sliced and grilled. Thighs and drumsticks go in the crockpot usually with Walkers Wood Jamaican jerk and cartots and cabbage and 1 beer to make delicious jerked turkey. I then freeze it in containers for a quick reheat in the microwave and serve it over rice.

05-May-17
Reverse Engineered KFC recipe - mix with 2 cups flour- roll in strips in the mix- egg wash or buttermilk- roll again in the mix and fry

1) 2/3 Ts salt 2) 1/2 Ts thyme 3) 1/2 Ts basil 4) 1/3 Ts oregano 5) 1 Ts celery salt 6) 1 Ts black pepper 7) 1 Ts dried mustard 8) 4 Ts paprika 9) 2 Ts garlic salt 10) 1 Ts ground ginger 11) 3 Ts white pepper

Another alternative

1 tbsp. cumin 1.5 tbs salt 1tbsp vinegar powder 1.5 tsp mustard 1 tbsp.onion 1 tbsp. garlic 1 tbsp. white pepper

• Sitka Gear