gobbler 01-Aug-17
Babysaph 01-Aug-17
gobbler 01-Aug-17
Babysaph 01-Aug-17
Babysaph 01-Aug-17
gobbler 01-Aug-17
Babysaph 01-Aug-17
01-May-17
Has anyone on here actually been picked to hunt elk on Kentucky ? I figure its about time for my rejection note.

01-May-17
I don't recall if it was last year or maybe year before, but yeah, some fella here reported drawing.

01-May-17
I saw a pic of someone from WV that killed a bull.

01-May-17

woodstick's embedded Photo
Mine from 2011
woodstick's embedded Photo
Mine from 2011

01-May-17
They extended the deadline to apply to this wed, due to technical issues...

01-May-17
I had forgot, just donated

01-May-17
"I had forgot, just donated"

Well darn! My odds just went to 50,001 to 1.

:^)

01-May-17
Nice bull, congratulations

14-May-17
I did not get drawn, not a surprise.

14-May-17
As per usual... me either. :^)

14-May-17
nope,nada,just ain't gonna happen. no elk for me

14-May-17
Another year, another donation...

15-May-17
Another year of donations oh well maybe next year but I doubt it haha

15-May-17
The KY DNR website shows all of the names of the people selected to hunt elk this year. I don't think I saw one name from WV. I cannot believe in the short time after reintroduction of elk in KY that they can give out so many hunting permits!

15-May-17
A friend of mine drew a cow tag.

30-May-17
No tag for me again I even bought 6 chances on the raffle this year Think I could probably draw an AZ or NM trophy area before I ever draw in KY

28-Jul-17
What's disheartening about this is, celebrities on TV shows get to hunt the elk. Greg Zippadelli and his buddy !

29-Jul-17
They have to draw right?

29-Jul-17

gobbler's Link
There are other ways to get tags besides lottery draw

30-Jul-17
It should be noted that these "Commission" tags , or in some states called "Governor" tags, are not used by the Commission or other high ranking DNR employees as some people have suggested. They are given to otginizations like RMEF for auction at events. The orginization doing the event (RMEF, NWTF, etc) keeps a small percentage of the selling price and the rest of the money gets sent back to KY, or whichever state that issues them to go back into their game management program in KY's case its elk, in other states it may be elk, deer, sheep, moose, or whatever game specie the tag is for. This is not something radical. Multiple states do the same thing with different species.

30-Jul-17
well that is good. I would hate to think that they give them away to the highest bidder. I once was going to try to get all the game animals with my bow but it is impossible to draw all the goats. There is no way the anyone could be that luck. I have killed all the ones I have drawn for. I always wondered how a person could do that because it is almost impossible now to draw the tags. All of them anyway.

31-Jul-17
There's only one goat. The others are sheep! Baa Baa Baa

31-Jul-17
I meant sheep. I have the goat. LOL

01-Aug-17
Oh, come on JR. U Can go to Mexico and get a wild Desert Bighorn for 50,000-60,000 thousand, go to Alberta and get an outfitter tag for Rocky Mt. Bighorn for about 35,000 and a Stone in Northern BC for around 40,000. Then Dall in Alaska is a bargain at 15-20,000.

If u want I can get all 4 booked for u for 2018. It will only cost u a 10% surcharge. It's too good of a deal to pass up.

Just send me 5 signed checks and your credit card info so I can book your airplane reservations, motels , and car rental for you. Then sit back and relax and dream about your trips. When I reach Panama I'll send u my new phone #.

01-Aug-17
So I am not a sheep expert but are you saying there is no problem other than money to get the tags? I have no hunted sheep although the guy down the road from me has a bunch in his field down there and all they do is lay around. It doesn't look like it would be hard to get a shot and I could probably just trade him some dental work for one. I might have to do that since I am retiring. I can do the dental work before I retire.

01-Aug-17
Those might be a different sheep??. Yes, all 4 species can be obtained if u have enough money. In Mexico the large ranch owners can sell hunts for Desert sheep , desert muleys, or coues deer on their own property. In Canada outfitters get allotted a certain number of tags for species in their area. Alberta for Rocky Mt. Bighorn, British Columbia for California and Rocky Mt in the south and Stone in the north. Yukon and NWT for Dall. All u need is the money, strong legs and back, and a good set of lungs.

01-Aug-17
I didn't know that. Imma start a go fund me account.

01-Aug-17
And besides who would take a chance on poaching a big animal like that ?

01-Aug-17
I asked for funds on FB for a Kodiak Brown bear hunt. I had a 2nd cousin send me a dollar. If it keeps coming I like that I'll be able to go in a little over 28,000 years! :^)

01-Aug-17
hahahaha. too funny.

• Sitka Gear