ColoBull 05-May-17
justinspicher 31-May-17
brunse 17-Jun-17
Buglmin 17-Jun-17
bad karma 22-Jun-17
Ermine 22-Jun-17
Buglmin 22-Jun-17
03-May-17
Was curious what the beetle kill situation was in these units. Anyone been there lately?

04-May-17
Beetle kill is outrageous. Trees falling all the time, a very dangerous place to be. Guys carry chainsaws in their trucks to cut trees out of the roads so they can get back out. Last fall while fishing, we had trees falling around us all the time. Wasn't a very fun place to be.

Call the forest service office in Pagosa, or check out the web cams on Wolf Creek.

04-May-17
Thanks for the update I was on wolf creek a couple years ago and saw it was bad Wasn't sure how bad it was nw of pagosa

05-May-17
"Our" area has undergone a dramatic change - up around Williams Creek Lake. So many dead trees standing - definitely very dangerous. New trees down across trails almost every day of the hunt. The upside - lots of tall grass where there once was none. More new areas for the elk to feed. Lots of new young trees coming up.

31-May-17
I live and work in 751 and it's not nearly as bad as 77. The snowfall has knocked over just as many trees here this year as the beetles.

17-Jun-17
I spent 10 days north of mosca road last fall and have been up several of the area drainage over the last 4-5 years. Take a saw. Camp in the open. Plenty of firewood.

17-Jun-17
It's gotten worse now. I just saw pictures of the area around Granite Lake frI'm last week and it's bad!! Outfitters are camping out in the meadows now to avoid falling trees. Jimmy said they spent a lot of time cutting trees out of the trails for the horses to get through.

22-Jun-17
Large parts of this state are a massive forest fire waiting to happen. 77/751 are two of many.

22-Jun-17
"Large parts of this state are a massive forest fire waiting to happen. "

Only when the trees have red needles on them are they a increase in fire potential. Otherwise it isn't an issue. The beetle kill is doing what fire should have done if we would let fires burn naturally. But we can't and surpress them.

22-Jun-17
The problem with the forest in 77 is all the trash on the ground, way too much fuel for a fire. Dead dried trees burn fast and hot. And with the beetle killed trees, you have over a foot of dried needles on the ground, fuel that will burn very hot and fast. Forests are in bad shape and they aren't being cleaned up at all.

• Sitka Gear