Knife2sharp 05-May-17
Willert88 06-May-17
dbl lung 06-May-17
BillB 06-May-17
RutnStrut 06-May-17
05-May-17

BillB's embedded Photo
BillB's embedded Photo
I got to my place for Turkey hunting and someone put locks on the hitches of both my campers. Nothing else was touched and nothing was stolen. The locks were new, the packaging was on the ground. Ever heard of anything like this? Makes no sense to me...

05-May-17
That's the plan exactly.

05-May-17
What an idiot! What a jerk!

All you can ask is WHY?.......

I knew someone in the 1980s who came out of the woods after hunting to discover the key lock openings on his truck doors and on his truck bed camper had been injected and filled with epoxy glue.

Again, all you can ask is Why?.....

Hope you catch this culprit!!!

05-May-17
They must have forgot they needed a truck to move them. Remember, police only arrest the dumb ones:). You can catch these morons.

05-May-17
I agree that it doesn't make any sense. Did you happen to get any correspondence from the County or Township about leaving campers on your property for extended periods of time...?

05-May-17
Maybe a neighbor who didn't want to see your rig stolen? Ask the neighbors first before cutting.

05-May-17
Thanks. Weird that nothing was stolen or vandalized or anything

05-May-17
It actually came off with a pry bar, didn't even need to go get my grinder or sawzall.

05-May-17
Someone didn't want them moved till they can come back and get um . Look like expensive lock's .

05-May-17
Peculiar. Please update us if you figure out anything.

05-May-17
Now that's one of the oddest things I have ever seen. Did you put them on and forgot you did it? LOL.

05-May-17
I have found that thieves and trespassers are getting more and more ballsy.

05-May-17
I seriously questioned whether I put them on and just forgot about it! Here's what really happened... A little while ago the Sherriff's Deputy stopped by. After a bit of discussion I learned they mistakenly thought my property was actually part of the neighboring property. Apparently the owner of that property had his assets seized and they walked onto my property and locked up my stuff too.

05-May-17
You would think the US Marshall's would have better locks than that? You said you pry'd it off with a crow bar?

05-May-17
Yeah it just popped right off

05-May-17
Charge the sheriff for trespassing and vandalism?

05-May-17
Nah, I was just glad it wasn't something worse

05-May-17
Dont blame the Sheriff Tweed. Cops are on the property to prevent acts of aggression. The company or dept seizing the property are the ones responsible for removing/locking items.

05-May-17
Maybe the PD needs onX app. ;)

Glad you found out!

05-May-17
You are lucky they didn't have them hauled to an impound lot.

05-May-17
What about littering?

06-May-17
Knife that was my first thought also. I would kindly ask the Sheriff to please make sure his deputies clean up after themselves. I wouldn't be disrespectful while doing so just a friendly reminder that it is not ok to leave trash laying on others property especially when try made a mistake in the first place.

06-May-17
Whomever it was, sheriff's office or bank, there are plot maps showing boundaries. It is not ok this happened. Someone needs to , kindly, be reminded of this. I have never heard of such a thing!

06-May-17
Normally would agree with you, dbl lung. My property is an irregular shape (like a puzzle piece, actually) and surround the other small property on three sides. When I bought this property I actually thought the other parcel was part of this one, too. The same person also owns a larger parcel adjacent to me to the north. It was definitely their fault, yet I understand why the mistake was made. Nothing was damaged except one door, which I expect they'll pay for replacing.

06-May-17
Well the first thing a judge would tell any of us is that ignorance is no defense. Therefore I expect LEO's to be held to higher expectations.

• Sitka Gear