Nocturnal 05-May-17
PB in WI 06-May-17
Pete-pec 06-May-17
casekiska 06-May-17
Pete-pec 06-May-17
rick allison 06-May-17
05-May-17
Part II

Give them nothing. No response. Nothing! Remember that some very fragile-minded people will take any, and all attention that is given to them. That means if you respond at all to their antics, they feel like you are affected by them. I know it sounds silly, but you are dealing with a different type of people.

I want to commend those who are not taking the bait, and learning that it works. Many of you are doing a great job, then all of a sudden, someone throws them a bone, and responds to their posts. They will leave, if you all learn to ignore it. It's difficult I know, but fight the urge please!

05-May-17
Squirming like minnows spilled on the ice.

05-May-17
You should be a preacher!

05-May-17
Like Pete is saying,...the best response is to not respond!

So who are the people to not respond to? Just look at the posts on some of these threads,... it's pretty easy to tell.

Usually it is the ones that after seeing what they post, you realize their post says more about them than their intended target.

05-May-17
I'm not a brain surgeon but it's not to hard to tell who they are . Or who's more than one . HAha

05-May-17
I'm happy you started a new thread on this.

06-May-17
If you go to the big game forums you will find some good hunters and good people from Wisconsin who rarely, or never, post here in the state forum. My guess is they are tired of the nonsense or tired of getting beat up for expressing an opinion. One of the good guys on this site sent me a message a few weeks ago that said it wasn't fun to come here anymore, so he's backing out for a while.

Internet forums like this are an interesting place where you can paint a picture of yourself that is nowhere close to reality. You can also hide behind your computer, without a name, and pick fights. So I am with Pete. Don't feed them in anyway. And then if they go away don't become just like them.

06-May-17
PB, that about sums it up. With multiple handles and multiple personalities, it really doesn't have to be an individual person. It can be a couple traits to avoid. We are all a little guilty of wanting to express our opinions, but we must remember that the recipient may not be as open minded, and we must do it with complete clarity and civility.

So avoid being "that guy", and avoid "that guy". You'll find by not taking the bait, they will have to come up with new material.

This is not just about the instigators. It's also about the whiners. We are not preprogrammed the same. We wouldn't want that. Trust me! By avoiding the fights, and keeping discussions civilized (which 95% of the time it is that way), we can and will learn from one another.

We know there are hot topics here. It is what it is. If we look at the law FIRST, and put personal morals aside, we could avoid these heated conversations right quick. Many things in life have changed, and will continue to change, and there's not a damn thing you can do about. I assure you, pissing and moaning is only intensifying the angst. You want to do something real, get involved. Sitting here whining, taking the "bait" does nothing.

So who do I avoid? The whiners and the instigators. I'm only suggesting you avoid being one, and avoid those who are one. This place is full of great people. I believe some we might not agree with still have something to share. Perhaps if we learned to develop a middle ground of people, it would attract more people, and this place could be the most popular forum based on merit versus drama?

Have a great day! It's gorgeous outside. I'm going fishing!

06-May-17
Pete - I just wanted to complement you on being very well spoken and the soundness of your ideas. It would be nice if those ideas were taken to heart and practiced by all; unfortunately we know this may not happen. None-the-less, nice post and let's hope for the best! Well done!

06-May-17
Thanks Casekiska. Sometimes hope is all we've got. I'm confident if we're regimental and stayed on point, we will get there. We all must fight that urge to be so damn right all the time. Coming from a guy who's so damn right all the time lol!

06-May-17
Good on ya Pete. I'm a stickbow guy and split my cyber-time 'tween LW and over here.

I just posted, over on the wall, on one of the cat fight threads running for some time now. It reads like a combo of old ladles and 1st graders...the horse has been beaten beyond recognition.

I also agree on the hunting threads...some good stuff over here, experienced, knowledgeable guys. I'm too damn old for the bs...and just pass it by.

Carry on.

• Sitka Gear