Jebediah 06-May-17
Moons22 06-May-17
Jebediah 06-May-17
spike78 06-May-17
Jebediah 06-May-17
Tazman 07-May-17
MA_Bowhunter 07-May-17
05-May-17
Anyone going out tomorrow? When it rains I find the gobbling is none to very little. Do you guys find the same? Debating on driving over an hour.

05-May-17
They won't gobble much but they will still strut in the rain and come to calls. I counted 9 toms strutting in the rain the other day. The only problem was they were in a field where you can't hunt! I plan on sitting in a blind tomorrow because you can't shoot one sitting on the couch. lol

05-May-17
Historically I've had horrible luck getting gobbles in rain... And, while not likely the best way to turkey hunt, if they are not gobbling, it's not fun to me.

This year has been weird though Spike. It's been raining a ton. I'd say I've had 2 days of non rain hunting this year. That said, all but one day (one of the rainy days) Ive gotten multiple birds gobbling crazy. If it's raining hard, that tends to be less good... but if it's light rain or drizzle - it's on like donkey kong.

06-May-17

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo
They came in perfect this morning. My buddy and I had these two dead by 6am! Up in NH

06-May-17
awesome congrats

06-May-17
nice birds moons !

06-May-17
Amazing. Do you speak some special animal-language, or hypnotize them or something?

06-May-17
Seen them roost last night, set up 200 yards on the other side of the field... As soon as they saw the full strutter they all came SPRINTING into the full strutter. Ready? 1,2,3 boom!! Wrapped up by 6 am. Only called maybe 3 times.

06-May-17
Ok. So it's planning, preparation, and strategy. There goes my excuse...

06-May-17
Moons if their is some guy hiding on your back seat don't worry it's just me lol

06-May-17
Say what you will about planning, strategy, etc--I think you're some kind of magician. Or a wizard.

07-May-17
Went out yesterday and nothing but stupid jakes came in, for the second sit in a row. Its amazing how dumb jakes can be sometimes. I walked out to fix my deke they beat up and they just stood there.

07-May-17
I love it when a plan comes together - congrats!

• Sitka Gear