Mindbender 10-May-17
Mindbender 10-May-17
ground hunter 10-May-17
Jeff in MN 10-May-17
DoorKnob 10-May-17
casekiska 10-May-17
huntperch 10-May-17
08-May-17
Hey guys looking to get the word out (eyes and ears on the ground) I was turkey hunting in the Wauzeka wildlife area and left my Knight TK 2000 12 ga muzzleloader against a tree by the parking lot. Hoping someone that found it wants to find the owner. If anyone knows who found it or hears of it please contact Crawford County Sheriff 608-326-8414 thanks.

08-May-17
I have seen a few for sale on Lake Link Classifieds. Might want to check there. Just checked there and I see they are gone. Not sure when you lost it, but they had been on there for a few weeks

08-May-17
I just lost it Friday 5/5/17 but thanks.

09-May-17
hope you get it back...... I did the same thing, worked a young dog, shot 2 phesants, posed for pictures, and left my 1100 auto, empty, next to wildlife sign on the dnr property. I went down the road, realized what I did, turned right around, and it was gone. There was a red Toyota also in the lot, but was now gone.....

I notified the authorities, and put a sign out, at location with my phone number. Than after I did that, the phone kept ringing, and I could not make out the guy, sounded like Chinese. Anyway, a girl calls and says, her father, who speaks no English, saw your gun after you left, he was squirrel hunting. Seeing your number, he called you right away, and I am calling for him.....

I go to his house, she is there to interpet, he has cleaned my gun.... He was Hmong and said he was honored, to find my gun, and return it to me. Later on I found out he collected knives, and gave me a new DU commerative knife as a gift

Hope you are as lucky as I was

09-May-17
GH, what a great story. Thanks for sharing!

09-May-17
Great story especially about a group that gets painted too often with a broad, negative brush.

09-May-17
Ground Hunter - Very cool story!

I have a few dirty guns - can ya give me that location?

Seriously - how cool was that? Great story....

Thanks -

Pat

09-May-17
I wish I was closer to put a sign up. I actually had the warden look for it for me. Im 3 hours away. I can only hope for the same type good guy found it as you. Keeping some hope up.

10-May-17
Wow, I think you owe him a knife. Find out when there is a Hmong holiday of some sort to do it on. Maybe a can of gun oil too.

10-May-17
Like the warden is going to give it back. Good luck!

10-May-17
Like the warden is going to give it back. Good luck!

10-May-17

Mindbender's embedded Photo
Mindbender's embedded Photo
Type in Wisc DNR warden fired for selling guns. It was a warden from. Reedsburg wisc. Confisticaed. Guns etc from individuals. And sold them at gun shows was charged with a felony. About 2 years. Ago. Another angel hiding under a uniform. ! Better luck with the Boy Scouts finding it. !!! DNR. Has been keeping tabs on a few

10-May-17
I should say, I typed that wrong, Jeff, yes it was me, who gave him the knife, since he was a collector,,,,,,,

10-May-17
GH, that makes way more sense.

10-May-17
You should report your serial number as stolen. This will be problematic if a finder tries to sell it, or if he is found with it.

10-May-17
Yes, report it by the make, model and serial number as missing. If it were someday linked to a crime and still then recorded as being owned by you, you might end up being the prime suspect! CYB (cover your backside), report it!

Still though, good luck in possibly recovering it. Hope you do locate it & get it returned.

10-May-17
First Im not about to throw all game wardens under the bus for the actions of one. Most are very good men and women. I was very thankful he saved me a six hour round trip to not find my gun. I did report it to both him obviously and the sheriff dept. It is a muzzleloading shotgun so kinda unlikely to be used in a crime but I guess anything is possible. I'm still holding out hope that word spreads and someone in the area knows someome that knows someone .....

• Sitka Gear