CheesyinTX 08-May-17
CheesyinTX 16-May-17
Tweed 16-May-17
CheesyinTX 17-May-17
Tweed 17-May-17
Tweed 17-May-17
GoJakesGo 18-May-17
08-May-17
Howdy, ive been traveling up to yalls beautiful state for 9 years now to watch at least one game at Lambeau. I have been trying to find people at the tailgates and what not to trade hunts or fishing trips with but have been unsuccessful. I am located 1 hour south of San Antonio, TX. We have hogs, javelina, coyotes, bobcats, dove, quail, and whitetail. Im also 1.5hours away from the gulf of Mexico where I catch redfish and speckled trout often. I have a hotel in green bay booked sept 7-11th this year. I read it was dove season at that time I believe. Sure would enjoy becoming buds and trading some outdoor adventures! Thanks for reading and I appreciate your help.

08-May-17
I'm afraid you'd be disappointed in our dove hunting versus your own. We are allowed 15 birds. You will need a small game license and a federal and state migratory waterfowl stamp to hunt them. I don't think you'd need a partner to do it, there is likely some public hunting near there that would provide you with a hunt like you'd find almost everywhere? I've shot 15 birds in a day, but not really that often, and that was near a sunflower field and a quarry that held water and sand (grit). I'd search Wisconsin's DNR website for public land near your hotel room.

08-May-17
I think your best bet would be to catch on for an early season goose hunt. Lots of dry field hunting in the area.

08-May-17
Guys in not picky whatsoever. Just enjoy being in the outdoors. Just trying to find someone willing to trade a hunt. I have lodging and everything back down here.

08-May-17
Guys in not picky whatsoever. Just enjoy being in the outdoors. Just trying to find someone willing to trade a hunt. I have lodging and everything back down here.

08-May-17
Best thing the area has going that time of year is musky fishing. Bay of Green Bay is a trophy musky water, good walleye destination as well.

08-May-17
Id really enjoy that. Booked a trip 2 years ago in sheboygen with a guide and went home empty handed but hey that's fishing.

16-May-17

16-May-17
I'll 2nd sharpsur and say early goose would be a blast. Find someone near Horicon to rent a blind from.

17-May-17
Thanks tweed. I have been on google for most of the night(nightshift) searching green bay area goose outfitters and all I can find are duck outfitters. Thanks for the reply.

17-May-17
What's your idea of close? Horicon is probably only a 1 1/2 trip at the most from the Fox Valley (Green Bay)

17-May-17

Tweed's embedded Photo
Tweed's embedded Photo

Tweed's Link
About half way down on the linked page there's additional info about hunting.

My grandfather used to take me there every year and it was always a "blast". At times the sky would almost be black with geese.

18-May-17

GoJakesGo's embedded Photo
GoJakesGo's embedded Photo
Muskies. Fish of 1,000 casts.

• Sitka Gear