Reggiezpop 13-May-17
MF 13-May-17
Crusader dad 13-May-17
bowneida 13-May-17
Screwball 13-May-17
GoJakesGo 15-May-17
Live2hunt 15-May-17
13-May-17
While scouting today, I ran across to bait stations in zone C on public land. They look like really great spots for early-season deer hunting, but the last thing I want to do is mess up someone else's bear hunt. Should I just steer clear until after October 10 and then start hunting?

13-May-17
I would hope that if it was me baiting for bear, someone would have the respect that I would have for others. I would wait till baits are no longer active. There is plenty of land to hunt, especially early season.

13-May-17
I agree. I guess the other question I should have asked was is the deer movement greatly affected by bear being present?

13-May-17
"I should have asked was is the deer movement greatly affected by bear being present" No, deer and bear interact with one another every day..

13-May-17
But humans hunting that bait and being around it may screw with the deer. I'd give the baiter the respect they deserve and check out after season to see if the sign is still good.

13-May-17
I ran into the same situation. Scouted during early spring and found good deer sign between Armstrong Creek and Goodman. Went out again in the same area last week and found three bear stations within a 1/4 mile of each other. About 50 yards off the road. Even after bear season is over and you try baiting for deer all you'll be feeding is the same bears that hit the baits all summer. better off looking elsewhere.

13-May-17
Nephew shot a 350# bear 4 days later hist brother shot a 145 inch 9 pt. Month later 135 inch 8 pt. All same stand.

15-May-17
Use a good flashlight! Id hate to run into a hungry bear or skunk alone after dark.

15-May-17
Some of those are for people training dogs. They can do that in area C up until a certain point. Especially the ones you find close to the roads.

• Sitka Gear