notme 22-May-17
air leak 22-May-17
Bigbuckbob 22-May-17
longbeard 24-May-17
soapdish 25-May-17
bigbuckbob 25-May-17
N8tureBoy 25-May-17
18-May-17
With time running out and a slight chance to get out one more time ( Saving Vacation time for deer season) does anyone have good recipe for Turkey tag soup.

18-May-17
Turkey soup recipe...

Last time out.... get up, and get out, and get set up extra early. It breaks light by 4:45.

Stay positive, stay focused, and hunt until 12 noon. I've killed 3 birds this season...each between 11:10-11:20.

Good luck.

18-May-17
Save it and make tag sausage with the deer tag too. Mix 50/50 deer and turkey tags and if you have, add any other tags you don't fill.

18-May-17
I'm allergic

19-May-17
I can't seem to get it. I've tried pretty hard this season with turkey but I can't even get one to call back. I think as a beginner I'm not sounding that good. I got a slate cutter a mad box call and three mouth calls which I can actually do now. I've come across one bird and let's just say it wasn't coming towards me. I think I'm in an area that doesn't hold a lot of birds.. just frustrated. This Sat is my last time going out..

19-May-17
Woodsnut, if you want my tags, you could make an extra large pot.

I had no problem calling in birds the first two weeks, missed a jake with the recurve. Now, I've been bringing the shotgun....can't get a bird to even respond.

Try changing your spot, they may be call shy now.

19-May-17
Oh, I had a nice Tom but never came in close enough.

20-May-17
I was watching some turkey hunting shows and it looks like having a fan tail brings them in when it gets tough. Of course that's tv, I understand.

20-May-17
try going later about 10 don't expect to much gobbling they just walk in .Steve

20-May-17
soap, if you are referring to attaching a fan on the barrel of your shotgun, or holding it in your hand, that is a great way to get shot in the face. Already happened in FLA.

21-May-17
Air leak,

Of course he is not going to put it on the barrel of his gun nor hold it with his hand. Everyone knows you bring a friend to hold it for you.

21-May-17
A turkey / bird hunting friend of mine killed 2 toms this week, one at 11:50 and the second on at 11:55. Maybe late morning is the time to go at this stage of the season.

21-May-17
A friend? Remind me never to like you Crow. :)

21-May-17
I was prepping my wife to do this.... can't let her hold the gun.,...duh.. great observation, I can see how it can be bad outcome though. Goes back to situation awareness

22-May-17

notme's Link
https://youtu.be/a56KjY1lHLY

22-May-17
As ridiculous as this sounds of attaching a fan to the barrel, or holding it in your hand...I have watched videos of guys doing this.

These guys are just waiting to get shot.

22-May-17
Air - I'll bet these are the same guys that act like a nut when they go squirrel hunting!

24-May-17
Air I do it all the time. Haters will always hate. It is, obviously more dangerous but probably not anything worse than opening day of rifle/shotgun deer season. For those of you who have been turkey hunting for a long time and want to try something new and exciting, give this a try. It is an unbelievable rush when that turkey comes charging from a long distance.

25-May-17
I hunt private land with open fields. I wasn't thinking wooded lands shared with others. Of course spring I'm always way to busy to try it out.

25-May-17
I've seen guys wear elk cow hats out west or carry a cow decoy in front of themselves and they were able to walk within bow range of the bull.

25-May-17
I'm pretty sure the tag soup recipe calls for a pinch of thyme and a dash of hope

• Sitka Gear