spike78 19-May-17
Fatkid1979 28-May-17
Sosso 31-May-17
Jebediah 05-Jun-17
GED 15-Jun-17
18-May-17

Jebediah's embedded Photo
Jebediah's embedded Photo
Like most folks whose social calendar is a little...light...I spend a fair amount of time reading the Mass game laws, and I found a real hum-dinger for you here in this picture. It is from a "plain language summary," on mass.gov, so I don't really know the chapter and verse. But apparently if you leave your stand up >30 days on private property, throughout the state, you're supposed to have written permission. Yikes. Something tells me this law gets broken from time to time. If I didn't know better, I'd be tempted to think that some of these laws were written with the intention of tripping me up.

18-May-17
Hmm. I have permission on my properties but non of my hang ons intrude into wood of the tree....

19-May-17
The way I read it, even in a "non-permission" town, I need written permission to leave a stand up for >30 days, regardless of how it's attached to the tree.

19-May-17
I think it's for the "tree house" tree stands made from wood.

19-May-17
interesting... I have lock on's and ladders all over the place on private property... landowners know...

19-May-17
I suspect you are correct Jeb, but I think this one is a lot like doing 65 on Route 2... Everyone does it, some get pinched for it...

Ill admit at points in the past when I used fixies more, well, this was broken a few times...

19-May-17
I normally pull mine just to keep them from being completely weather beaten. This year I didn't due to some recovery time needed after surgery. I just went in last week and loosened the straps on my sticks. No need pulling them now, be putting them back soon enough.

19-May-17
Jeb my favorite MA law is if I use dead coyote shotgun loads I can shoot a coyote with it but not a fox or bobcat. But yet I can legally shoot a fox or bobcat with a 300 win mag.

28-May-17
I'm like BC, I normally pull my stands I have on private property. This year has been nuts for me as I am in the middle of installing a new septic and selling my house to upsize. Haven't found a house yet but mine is sold. No time to pull stands, but at least I got a new string put on my bow. I need the season to start. I'm running out of venison.

31-May-17
You mean the bells and radio squelch that the Hopkinton, and Milford MA police use when walking through the Echo Lake area in Milford/Hopkinton and in Upton state forest is illegal? *GASP*

Yeah, they both drive so much deer that last year they built a "triangular" shaped pile of deer 6' high and hung x-mas lights around it.

I guess it's good to be part of the gang.

05-Jun-17
Spike my favorite is that yelling at homeowners exactly 501 feet away to shut their dogs up is apparently "disturbing the peace."

15-Jun-17
Yeah, people need to take their stand off public land. It is silly to "reserve" land owned by the public.

• Sitka Gear