N8tureBoy 08-Jun-17
notme 14-Jun-17
bigbuckbob 14-Jun-17
steve 14-Jun-17
nehunter 14-Jun-17
bb 14-Jun-17
notme 14-Jun-17
19-May-17
The Bear Hunting Bill was called and was changed into something entirely different by dirty politics and Animal Rights Activists who control the representatives who don't care about either the bears, or the people who come in contact with them.

They used a procedure knows as a Strike All Amendment where the entire language of the bill is replaced. They incorporated anti hunting provisions into the bill, and they sent it to the Judiciary Committee.

We've got a Swamp in Hartford every bit as dirty and deep at the one in Washington DC. And it needs draining just as badly!

Someone is going to be hurt or killed by a bear eventually.

19-May-17

notme's Link
http://m.ctpost.com/local/article/Bears-saved-from-hunt-National-Popular-Vote-11157010.php

19-May-17
Connecticut government has it's head so far up it's ass. Gee-zus.

21-May-17
I'm in New Brunswick Canada Bear hunting right now. I just explained to my guide what's going on regarding the season and he can't fathom why it gets shot down. But They are still fighting for Sunday hunting so it's a wash

21-May-17
ne - good luck on your hunt! Hope you have a great experience! Keep us informed

22-May-17
I saw two different bears this weekend near my house. both mid morning. One last Saturday too. Not one single deer though. "Times they are a changing."

22-May-17
It will take multiple attacks or multiple problems from the bears to change anything. And then I'm sure they will implement a baiting and trapping method and when that's not enough then finally we might get a season.

23-May-17
Good luck on your bear hunt !! New Brunswick was a great place we hunted there back in 2008 lots of bears . Steve

23-May-17
Transport the nuisance bears to those who want them in their neighborhood.

24-May-17
Great idea! Put in the backyards of the Friends of Animals and PETA people. Maybe throw in a few coyotes and bobcats for good luck and then ask them to let Spot and Tabby out to play with cute bears, coyotes and bobcats.

24-May-17
It was a long, hard slog to get Sunday hunting for deer; this battle is likely to be a lot harder because the bears aren't damaging thousands, if not tens of thousands of landscaping work in multiple neighborhoods, nor are they making their mark (literally) in the Beamers and Mercedes (yet), a la the deer.

Like some here I fear it will take a few human maulings (hopefully not fatalities) to get enough people to realize that when you increase bear/human contact and throw in the well-meaning, but ignorant citizens who feed them it is inevitable that something tragic will happen.

All we can do is to continue to push our reps and work the crowd in the public sector that actually engages in critical thinking as more than an occasional hobby.

07-Jun-17

T-MAN's embedded Photo
Will the left ever agree to what is the right thing to do
T-MAN's embedded Photo
Will the left ever agree to what is the right thing to do

08-Jun-17
From what I've heard, a provision was tacked on the bill which banned the possession of five big game African animals.

08-Jun-17
WB you are correct. Our former plant mgr just left for Africa on Monday this week and he said the law has NOT been enacted yet, so he's not concerned. His taken elephant, lion, lioness, zebra and about a 100 other (not exaggerating) animals in Africa and has them all mounted in his house. It's like a museum.

08-Jun-17
Or like....Africa....

14-Jun-17

notme's Link
http://m.newstimes.com/local/article/Bear-heading-to-murdered-Kent-donkey-s-barn-11216523.php

14-Jun-17
Now that's a BIG bear for any state!!

14-Jun-17
My boss had a bear follow her in the house sat that's is the third on 2 have ear tags this one didn't she told me it wasn't afraid of her, she shot her 22 of a couple of times to make noise and it just looked at her today when she went to work it was sleeping in the driveway .Southbury .

14-Jun-17
Just read this in the Cornwall Newspaper:

Bear(s) With New Tricks Cornwall’s growing colony of Bears is displaying new skills as it adapts to the human colony that shares its turf. This spring the bears waking up from hibernation took on a new human-related problem. Last summer they seemed interested in houses where there’s food and other interesting stuff. This spring it’s been cars.

Matt **** reports that just before Easter his family brought home a “large, pungent pizza” in the back seat of their Acura sedan. Did the box leak a bit? Did grease get on hands that closed the car door? Somehow a bear got wind of the pepperoni and decided to investigate. What they found in the morning was an eviscerated Acura. The backseat had been ripped out and dragged 50 yards where they found it, bent in a U-shape, at the foot of a tree. The back of the seat was torn out and the headrests mangled.

How did the bear get into the car in the first place? Trial and error at the handle with its heavenly pizza smell? Or do bears know about cars now as another place where humans have food?

B***** C***** has had similar thoughts since a bear (the same one?) got into her Subaru Impreza, parked at ***and ****’s house. She had left two bags of animal feed on the back seat. The bear appeared overnight and dragged one grain sack away about 50 yards and left it under a tree. Is this a clue that this might be the same bear? the car was not badly damaged but there were a lot of very muddy paw prints on the seats. The console between the front seats had been yanked open and its lid snapped apart.

The answer might be to lock our cars at night but that risks the fury of a thwarted bear who smells the french fries you dropped on the floor mat yesterday. As for convertibles, well, a bear’s claws will make short work of that ragtop.

14-Jun-17
That's funny, that reminds me of a buddy of mine who was an outfitter in Newfoundland.

He did bear hunts and was always storing bait, He had an old Ford Van that he wasn't running anymore parked at the end of the road going to the Lodge. He used to store Donuts and bread in there for bait. the bears would get on the roof trying to find a way in some of the bears were very heavy, so heavy they were collapsing the roof. They had most of the roof caved in almost to seat back level.

14-Jun-17
What i find interesting iswhy wasnt this guy pinched for anything..did he just shoot on sight,no mention of an attack or threat..

• Sitka Gear