Leave no trace 23-May-17
HunterR 23-May-17
Missouribreaks 27-May-17
Bear 27-May-17
Bow Crazy 17-Aug-17
21-May-17
Just ignore the negativity

21-May-17
I'm really enjoying this site again. I can't thank you and everyone enough, really. Shouting back does nothing but take everyone a step back. Bowsite has been a pleasure to come back to. Keep it up guys.

21-May-17
I have to echo what Noc said. Ignoring the d.bags seems to really be doing what mods couldn't.

21-May-17
Sorry fellas:-( you're right. I'll try harder.

21-May-17
interesting thread, complete with name calling. You guys were doing good until you just laid a scent line.

21-May-17
Geezus pete, your OP seems like a disrespectful troll.

21-May-17
He is dragging a line, laying a scent trail for sure. So much for leading by example, sniff, sniff.

21-May-17
It can test your will Crusader, but it gets easier. Remember the 99.9% and the .1%. We can lower our standards and still get beat by experience lol.

21-May-17
Well stated again Pete and so true. They continue to try although some have actually really reduced posting. It has to be killing them that nobody will engage. It is actually worth spending time here again.

21-May-17
Nice post Pete. For what it's worth, at least two responders are the same negative person on this thread using two handles. My friends in Russia tell me so! LOL.

21-May-17
Pete, you in with Trump and the Russians? Now who from the FBI will be fired lol?

22-May-17
Very entertaining watching them in desperation. Thanks for the reminder Pete. Nice to see others are enjoying the site again and some even some lurkers feeling comfortable enough to post again.

22-May-17
I liked the apple tree planting thread and too hear from Treefarm again! Many on the posts had great ideas but it's hard to beat our old buddy Treefarm for tree knowledge.....

22-May-17
They're like fly's on shit . You can swipe um away , but they'll be back .

22-May-17
Woods- you misunderstood, he was mainly referring to you, neverbait, and sawtooth.

22-May-17
Actually, flies will not eat when they don't like the taste. Give them NOTHING, and soon they find another place to dine.

Every time you reply, you give them just enough of a morsel to come buzzing back for more.

22-May-17
I applaud the intention of this thread and others like it. I think it was overdue and applaud those who have joined in to improve the quality of this site. However, it does come across as a bit hypocritical when name calling and insults are being used when delivering the message. Personally it's hard to respect the message when delivered in such a manner. The freedom to share what we want to is part of what makes this site great, but we also have a responsibility to audit our own contributions. Not unlike how your actions in the woods influences what others think of hunters, the words you choose and actions you take on this site influences what people think of us. I encourage all of us to view every one of our posts as an opportunity to create a positive impression of this group.

22-May-17
You guys can feel free to call me an idiot or worse when I deserve it. My feelings will not be hurt.

It was a few months ago but I think it was Capt Mike who yelled at me by using all caps. I got the message and took no offense.

22-May-17
This Is to the guys saying this thread is a bit hypocritical. I don't see any name calling at all, but rather some personal guesses on why some "constantly" act the way they do. I quote constantly because not once, is there ever a time they carry value to a post.

This has been needed. I guess the only people who believe in this post are the ones who have been here the longest. The ones who know what it use to be like here. All this thread is intended to do. Is to tell others to simply ignore the certain few and for reasons why we should.

We don't know why they are the way the are. It could be the fact that they weren't loved as a child. It is apperant they are miserable and enjoy making others misable. There could be 100's of reasons why they are this way. Pete gave some simple possibilities why they are this way. No need to get sensitive and call everyone sensitive for agreeing to this thread.

Don't take the bait. Thats all we are Saying.

22-May-17
NB, you can feel free to post what I sent you. It was well deserved by you and in no way threatening. I regret nothing I said to you except for the fact that since we're on the net, I wasn't able to say it directly to your face.

Like I've said before on here, calling a piece of shit a piece of shit doesn't make someone a hypocrite. It just means they're being honest. If you feel what Pete said to start this thread was directed at you than look in the mirror and you'll see the problem.

22-May-17
What is the best type of crossbow that modern day bowhunters use?

22-May-17
Stay the course guys stay the course.

22-May-17
Hats off anybody need a pat on the back to all you that need self assurance!

22-May-17
To those who never took home the prom queen if you can't take the Heat take home your sister and quit whining this is Wisc Bowsite stick to Bowhunting if a few of you need a award Walmart has them.

22-May-17
To those who never took home the prom queen if you can't take the Heat take home your sister and quit whining this is Wisc Bowsite stick to Bowhunting if a few of you need a award Walmart has them.

22-May-17
So, all the able bodied men and women who got rid of their compounds for the new super duper scoped crossbows are no longer bowhunters?

22-May-17
My sister who hunts with a 58# longbow has two kids who struggle with the 90% reduction compounds so she is starting them out with a crossbow. She thinks because crossbows will be more accurate that is the right thing to do for the deer. How do we tell them they are not bowhunters without hurting their feelings? When do you think they will become real bowhunters, maybe get a recurve bow?

Also, my brother the rock climber hurt his shoulder several years ago. He can rock climb, water ski, lift weights and wrestle but compounds he is now fearful of. He has a crossbow permit so he can hunt in many states. Surely he must be a bowhunter.

Thank you for all your generous information Woodsdweller. Nice to meet another bowhunter who helps fellow bowhunters out without all the name calling.

22-May-17
That's the bad thing about Cancer. There is no cure. The good thing is lots of options for treatment and continuing research every day to discover more options or hopefully a cure. Radiaton, chemo, surgery, etc.

22-May-17
Bowhunters use bows, crossbow hunters use crossbows. Pretty simple.

22-May-17
Great, no name calling. For pete's sake, neverbait, woodsdweller and CaptMike all posted with respect.

23-May-17
As did sawtooth!

23-May-17
My family inherited a small 90 acre farm mostly surrounded by public land. Since my brother and my sisters kids are getting heavy into hunting with their crossbows we have decided to go all out and take up baiting. There are not a lot of deer in our area so we hope to concentrate them from the public land by attracting them to our bait on private land.

Here is my question. To go along with our existing apple trees which produce bait, what would be the best bait plant we could put into our plots so bait is still available in October? I have heard that planted radishes make excellent winter bait but I am looking more for mid to early fall bait for north of Highway 64. Would Brassica or just clovers make the best bait, any thoughts from those of you who grow your own bait would be appreciated? I thank you in advance.

23-May-17
I might add that two of these bait plots are fairly large so sunlight is not a concern. My sister's kids and brother with a bad shoulder are accurate with their scoped crossbows out to about 80 yards so we made two of the plots about 100 yards wide. Just wanted to clarify that the bait selected should be tolerant of mostly full sunlight and somewhat sandy soil.

23-May-17
I'm not much for debating about opinions, so I'll keep mine about the hypocrisy and move on. For those that choose words intended to attack or belittle others (no matter if you think it is justified), it may be worth thinking about the unintended consequences it may carry. I for example, have lost a little respect for this type of thread and those who have chosen to defend less than courteous/respectful choices of words. Although I do not know any of you personally, your choices have helped sculpt a somewhat negative impression. I'm sure my stance, and probably choice of words, has had a similar affect on others as well. I traditionally stay out of things, but the potential of this site and it's contributors is alluring in that it could be more productive and informational if we can all find ways to respectfully make room for all opinions. My apologies in advance for any offense taken.

23-May-17
I find that to be very interesting two ways from a third ink pen.

27-May-17
Agree with HunterR and Woodsdweller.

27-May-17
Woodsdwelller and HunterR are spot on as always!

17-Aug-17
It's been a while since I've been here, now I remember why I left. I choose to spend my time with positive, upbeat people, people that love life. I'm drawn to people that try to lift others up instead of shoot others down, people that live life to their fullest potential.

There are so many good folks on this site, so many, and good information on here as well. I will check out for awhile, but I will be back to see if things improve. BC

This Topic has been locked. Thank you.

• Sitka Gear