Smoothdraw 25-May-17
Dr. Williams 25-May-17
Richm444 27-May-17
Richm444 27-May-17
Smoothdraw 27-May-17
Bigbuckbob 29-May-17
DeerDan 29-May-17
24-May-17
I got a call from friends in Stamford last night, they were cooking on the grill out on the deck when they heard a sound like a baby crying in a wooded area out behind the deck. They went to look and found a very small fawn probably only days old by itself. I have never heard a fawn make this sound. They were very concerned and asked what they should do. It was still light but would soon get dark. I told them to leave the fawn and the mother would return, she was probably close by. The wife was very concerned and wanted to call someone to help the fawn. I told them the best thing would be to leave it. They did leave it and just about dark they saw a doe with another fawn come and collect the baby fawn, they were watching with binoculars from the deck. A story with a happy ending!

24-May-17
She was bred early. Right at the beginning of November. Nice to see the little ones this time of year.

24-May-17
That's awesome!! I have quite a few trail cams out and still no fawn sightings hopefully the cams will start showing some.

25-May-17
Pretty cool!!! Glad they remembered to call you the hunting guy and not mrs.standoffish pettyfor the resident cat lady...lol

25-May-17
A mama doe planted a new fawn next to an office building where I worked. Once discovered, a crowd assembled, then the good and caring intentions overtook the right thing and the grounds crew were called to "rescue" the poor little thing. As the man approached, the fawn jumped to it's feet and then bolted towards the road, where a pick up truck was traveling. Well that poor little thing sprinted along with, and then ahead of the truck and crossed the road in front of it, on it's way to the woods, where it was in greater danger of being found by the local coyote. Spring and early summer is when natures babies eat other babies.

25-May-17

deerstalker's embedded Photo
deerstalker's embedded Photo
here is a picture of the baby fawn from Stamford

25-May-17
I was fishing Sunday morning in Hartland when I flushed a woodcock that fluttered away with it's legs hanging down. I told my friend to look out for a nest or babies and sure enough we saw one little one. We left it alone and moved on , no need for a rescue!

25-May-17

spikehorn's embedded Photo
Picture taken 5/21/17
spikehorn's embedded Photo
Picture taken 5/21/17
This was on Sunday, fawn was only a few hours old

25-May-17
Too cute!

25-May-17
I find it ironic that hunters can say "too cute" to a picture of a fawn but skewer a deer with an arrow. Please no more fawn pictures! What's next? A link to Disney's Bambi?

25-May-17

Dr. Williams's embedded Photo
Dr. Williams's embedded Photo
When humans intervene, it’s a death sentence for fawns. 86% of “rehabilitated” fawns were dead within 86 days of release in a study we did here in CT. 4 only lived because they never left the rehabbers backyard. They were basically domesticated livestock set free to be coyote bait. Use this to educate people that it is best to leave them be as was done in this case in Stamford. Kudos Deerstalker.

27-May-17

Richm444's Link
It's that time of year - they are pretty cute huh ?

27-May-17

Richm444's Link
two fawns on video

27-May-17
Ok fine... too cute.

29-May-17
86 percent sounds like the death toll in the NW corner from predators :)

29-May-17
Saw a dead one yesterday on the side of RT95.

• Sitka Gear