My daughter drew her first big game tag

27-May-17
That will be exciting cnelk.

27-May-17
how do you know which tag you draw. I put first and second choice. I drew 562

27-May-17
You don't

28-May-17
If you had points and now don't you drew first choice. If you now still have points you drew second choice.

28-May-17
The backdoor doesn't show points just whether or not a tag is on file for this year

28-May-17
You check your preference points and if you have points AND a tag showing in the backdoor you drew second choice. They might not show up at the same time. Right now I'm showing no tag and antelope still not showing in pref points so I'm still in limbo.

29-May-17
Happy I got mine!

30-May-17
They post the draw results at the same time points are updated. Points have not been usable as a backdoor method in any manner, since 2014. They started the policy of hiding our points until results are posted for that species, after the Great Deer Draw Debacle of 2014. The "Products On File" list is the only backdoor left. They may figure out a way to get rid of that eventually too ;-)

31-May-17
Stick, thanks for that update.

31-May-17
Not sure what the issue was in '14. Why don't they post the species as they complete the draw for that species any more?

Certainly do not understand why some of these draws take so much time. Surely they have upgraded from 1960's model computers by now! Heck, pretty sure a simple laptop could handle the drawing algorithms and data in short order...

31-May-17
Treeline they messed up the deer draw in 2014 and had to re-run the draw. But it was not officially messed up, since the results hadn't even been posted yet. But a lot of people were so accustomed to using the "backdoor" methods, that they assumed they'd drawn deer, based on their points going to zero. And of course, adding to the aggravation for the people in the licensing office, tons of people were phoning in to see if they could "verify" that they'd drew, before results were posted. When in reality the people answering the phones had zero additional information beyond what we'd already gotten from the backdoor ourselves. But people kept calling anyway. Thereafter, they apparently set a hard-and-fast rule that points would not be updated, and results would not be posted, until the listed scheduled date for posting. And they seem to pretty much stick to that now. I'm sure there's a process of checking and double-checking the draws. They do the Goat and Sheep draws first, and post those. But all the other species are apparently grouped together, as far as posting date goes. Now we actually get our refunds in the mail for Moose & Deer before the actual draw results are even posted. Later, you'll be able to look at the run date on the Draw Recap pdf pages and see when the draws for each species were actually complete. They're all long since done at this point, but they withhold posting until the published date.

31-May-17
Definitely room for improvement in CO's drawing system...

31-May-17
That sounds painful........

25-Jun-18
What kind of title is that?

25-Jun-18
It's a forgotten language of long ago.

• Sitka Gear