T ZEKE 14-Jun-17
Squash 14-Jun-17
scentman 17-Jun-17
Squash 18-Jun-17
Buckstopshere 05-Sep-17
04-Jun-17

Buckstopshere 's embedded Photo
Quite a few fawns on the trail cams this year, singles and twins.

04-Jun-17
got some fawn pictures the last week of may, seems early this year.

06-Jun-17

When we see fawns in the last week of May, I always think that it supports the notion that we had a mid-November rut as the peak rut. But a sizeable percentage of does came into estrus 26 or so days prior, hence these "early" fawns.

07-Jun-17
Pat don't wish just, do as Nike ad says. Bastards should be killed year round! Scooby

12-Jun-17
Seen plenty of fawn tracks and saw my first fawn on my property today. Yesterday just up the road from my home there was a road killed fawn lying in the middle of the county road. I stopped because it was still kicking, but as soon as I got to it it was dead.

14-Jun-17
Pat I have seen the same thing year after year with fawns in the high grass right by our barn. coyote pressure for sure ...Tom

14-Jun-17
I don't know about the coyotes in your areas, but where I live a barn ,garage , or house does not deter coyotes. Heck one of the best coyote trappers in central NY, catches many coyotes right in barn yards.

17-Jun-17
Sqash, I believe it may have to do with scent or activity by humans keeps the yotes at bay, I have a red fox that dens right near my house I believe for the same reason. Sadly this year working a lot, and the yotes did kill some red pups... They are nasty animals.

18-Jun-17
there's plenty of human scent around my home, coyotes are in my yard on a weekly basis. I trap Coyotes and human scent only bothers them if it's on or in close proximity to something they want to eat. Like I stated above, Mark Zagger, one of the best coyote trappers in NY, catches many coyotes within feet of barns and other buildings. So I don't see how a doe setting up her fawn next to a building would have anything to do with discouraging a coyote from killing it ?

05-Sep-17

Not the best photo, blurry, finally this doe with her three fawns in one frame. Pretty rare for a doe to have three around here, let alone get them to this stage with all the bear and yotes around. I have had her on cam all summer, many times two fawns would be in the photo, but never lucky enough to get the third.

• Sitka Gear