Trapper 21-Jul-17
Crusader dad 21-Jul-17
WausauDug 21-Jul-17
Crusader dad 21-Jul-17
Crusader dad 21-Jul-17
jjs 22-Jul-17
Pasquinell 22-Jul-17
08-Jun-17
This is Collin. My dad had a major stroke and is completely paralyzed on his left side. He can't talk or anything else. He really looks up to you guys. My brother will have his phone during the day for his business and I will try and keep you up to date. . My mom hasn't posted anything but older pics in Facebook cause she doesn't want people to know. I know he would want you to know.

08-Jun-17
Wow... prayers sent.

08-Jun-17
I wlll pray for him, that just happened last week to my wifes brother in law..... He will be in my prayers and thoughts,,,,, fellow brother of the bow

08-Jun-17
Prayer sent. A second one was sent for the rest of your family too.

08-Jun-17
I am certain we all will keep him in our prayers and certainly hope for the best. Our hearts go out to your dad and the family. We wish you well.

08-Jun-17
Ohh my god! Stay strong you guys! Praying for you Shane!!

08-Jun-17
Thank you, my mom is a nurse at our hospital. She works with people like him every day and says because he's young he should be ok. I don't know cause he can't even talk right now.

08-Jun-17
I sure hope for the best! Shane is a good man! Please keep us posted and keep a positive mind Collin

08-Jun-17
Collin - Please see my PM

08-Jun-17
This is Cynthia Honore. Shane's wife. He has a lot of customers that are my Facebook friends because of his business. That and the fact that he doesn't like people feeling bad for him is why I haven't put it there (yet). Shane kept good notes and a semi-readable schedule. Our oldest son has been working for him for a few years now and is going to try and keep things going as best he can. I've called who I HAVE to call. Everyone else is still in the dark. he's been a good provider and we have good insurance. I know he looks up to you guys and would want you to know what is going on with him. He also would not want any charity. At this time, I'm just trying to do what I think he would want. This is weird for me to say but something tells me he's tell you people before anyone else. That is the only reason I let Collin post this. Austin will have his phone during the day. Collin and I will have his phone at night. If you have his number you can text it. I will answer any questions you may have. This was sudden and severe and I have no real information at this time. I sincerely thank you for your prayers and also for providing Collin somewhere to talk about this. Thanks again, Mrs. Shane Honore' (Cindy)

08-Jun-17
Prayers out to your whole family to help get through this.

08-Jun-17
Best wishes on a quick recovery. I hope for the best.

08-Jun-17
Prayers sent, please keep us posted.

08-Jun-17
Thoughts and prayers to your family CD. May Shane have a full recovery. Keep the faith.

09-Jun-17
Prayers sent from Alaska, for Shane and family

09-Jun-17
Prayers go out and pray for a full recovery!

09-Jun-17
Hoping for a full and quick recovery. You'll all be in our thoughts.

09-Jun-17
Thoughts and good vibes headed your way. Please let us know if there's anything you need. We are only a car ride away.

09-Jun-17
Hoping for a full recovery

09-Jun-17
Praying for him. God bless.

09-Jun-17
Prayers sent

09-Jun-17
Prayers sent. I will continue to pray for him and family as well.

09-Jun-17
You and your family are in our prayers.

09-Jun-17
Prayers will continue to go out from our family. Wish you the very best during this trying time. Continue to stay positive and work through it all the best you can.

09-Jun-17
My thoughts are with him. I hope for a full recovery for him, there are deer waiting to be pursued by him. Stay positive, optimistic and strong.

09-Jun-17
Prayers sent!

09-Jun-17
May God grant him a complete and full recovery, prayers sent.

09-Jun-17
Thoughts and prayer for a full and speedy recovery.

09-Jun-17
oh no, my thoughts and prayers are w/ your family

09-Jun-17
Prayers sent best of luck on a great recovery

09-Jun-17
Prayers for a speedy recovery...

09-Jun-17
Shane get better buddy. I sincerely hope for a quick full recovery so you can get back to what you love doing. If you or the family needs anything send me a pm. Your bowsite brothers are here for any help you or the family needs

09-Jun-17
Prayers sent to Shane and family!

09-Jun-17
Prayers to Shane and family.

09-Jun-17
May our Holy Spirit heal you well and provide support and comfort for your loved ones! Prayers sent. God Bless!

09-Jun-17
Stuff like this puts a lot in perspective. Prayers for our brother.

Bill

09-Jun-17
Prayers sent

09-Jun-17
It's not charity to help a friend. He would do the same for us. Prayers sent for him & the family. I have seen a number of younger people make a complete recovery. Stay positive.

09-Jun-17
prayers for a full recovery and for the whole family in this trying time.

09-Jun-17
Hang in there Shane and family. My mom passed last Sunday to pancreatic cancer. 62 years old, just retired and remarried. One day at a time is all you can do.

09-Jun-17
Prayers for All. God Bless. Speedy recovery.

09-Jun-17
Very sorry to hear. It really puts things in perspective as to what is and is not important. In my thoughts and prayers.

09-Jun-17
Prayer sent!

09-Jun-17
Man that really sucks!! Thoughts and prayers are on the way to you and your family.

09-Jun-17
Prayers sent

10-Jun-17
This is Cindy, WOW, it's now abundantly clear why Shane chooses this place over Facebook. The outpouring of concern and well wishes is amazing! Thank you all for the kind words. I'll let Collin reply to all of the private messages. I do have good news, Shane is able to lightly squeeze my hand and move his right foot when prompted. This means that cognitively he understands things. He is still not responding to left side stimulation but the doctor is hopeful that we will see something on that side in the next day or two. I deal with a lot of stroke patients at my job and the recovery process can be relatively speedy or painstakingly slow. When he is ready to be transferred he will be going to my unit so I will be able to take care of him. He loves to read so Austin is going to go to the library today and get some books for us to read to him. You guys truly brought many tears to my eyes with your responses. I have read every one to Shane and who wrote it. Even the private messages. I will continue to read them to him as they come in. He's a truly kind and good man. He would much rather give than receive, and even though he's not the kind of person who would ant sympathy, he will appreciate knowing he has so many friends who are thinking about him. I can't thank you enough for all of your support. Cindy H.

10-Jun-17
Hope and prayers for a speedy and healthy recovery. Gods speed my bow hunting friend.

10-Jun-17
Cindy...Thank you for the update...I now have tears rolling down my cheek's. Although nothing like Shane's, I had a TIA stroke a few years ago and was lucky. May God send him the strength to get better. Please continue to send updates.

10-Jun-17
Wow, I was away for a week and just saw this. This is so shocking given how young Shane is. I met him when I bought some mounts from him for his cabin. I know God will take care of him. Prayers have been and will continue to be sent.

10-Jun-17
I hope the best for your family and his recovery.

10-Jun-17
Just got home from a meeting in Stevens Point,...read Cindy's message above and a PM from Collin,...both seem to be very fine people and the type who can triumph over adversity,...makes the tragedy of this event all the more unfortunate,...

Once again, we all wish the family & Shane the best. Heal well.

10-Jun-17
Thank you for the update Cindy. Do you have an address for the hospital that he is in? I'm sure we can get him all the books he would want to read and build a library. What does he like to read about? Continued prayers for strength and a full recovery. Please keep us updated as time allows.

Will

10-Jun-17
Cindy-tell Shane I can still remember smoking a blunt with him in the alley by McKinley.

Not the best memory but one that we can both grin and shake our head at.

Also... He needs to hurry up and come on with the come on... We got some hunting to do in 6 months...and he'll get a roasting if he uses a xbow. ;-)

11-Jun-17
Prayers sent your way for the whole family .

11-Jun-17
Hope you have a speedy recovery. Have never met you but sending prayers to a fellow hunter and outdoorsman.

11-Jun-17
I will pray for your dad and your family

11-Jun-17
Very sorry to read this, but there is tremendous advance work in CVA/TBI recovery. With the Lord's strength and the power of love Shane will recover. God Bless to you all.

11-Jun-17
Shane's phones going to die but I'll update in the morning. Good news!!!

11-Jun-17
Good news? I'm happy to hear! We all said a prayer for Shane today! Continue to keep you in my thoughts! Keep fighting brother

12-Jun-17
He's starting to respond to left side stimulation and can move his right arm and leg. He's awake more now and can understand what's being said to him. We are hopeful he'll be transferred to my unit soon. As far as the blunt comment it's a good thing our kids know about his past or I would have had some explaining to do. I can't thank you guys enough for all of your prayers and support. I know it means a lot to him. Cindy

12-Jun-17
Cindy, this is awesome news..... continuing to pray

12-Jun-17
Pleased to hear that progress is being made. Sure hope it continues and speeds up. Please keep all us "forum guys" in the loop on his healing. Let him know he has a strong support group wishing him well.

12-Jun-17
all the best, he will heal, because of you, and lots of prayers

12-Jun-17
I was away for a week too and I'm seeing this for the first time. I'm glad Shane is showing signs of recovery and I'm sending out prayers for continued recovery.

12-Jun-17
Collin, I will keep your dad and your family in my prayers.

12-Jun-17
Prayers for a quick and speedy recovery! Take care.

12-Jun-17
great to hear progress is being made, still sending thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

12-Jun-17
I just heard about this and you all are in my prayers! All things are possible through Christ Jesus.

God Bless,

Mark Williams

12-Jun-17
Prayers sent from NY for a speedy recovery!

12-Jun-17
Prayers sent for a complete and speedy recovery.

12-Jun-17
I too will be praying for Shane and his family. I don't post often but feel compelled to chime in and express added support. I've have always found Shane's posts to be refreshingly courteous, respectful and positive, a rare thing in the 'internet' world.

13-Jun-17
This is Collin, I am gong to post here and then respond to all the private messages. My dad is doing great! He suffered the most in the part of his brain that controls his movement and speech. He's going by my mom tomorrow. He can think but not talk yet. He can move both sides but he's left side is not good yet.. he's been reading all your messages and crying which is a good sign. He knows what your saying he just can't say it back. I new you would help him! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!! I always knew heliked you people and I read what you write but it's been so powerful. Every time my mom looks here she cries. my Mom says he won't be able to hunt this year but I know he will at least take me To go. He will use a camera and tape me. I can drive his truck into the fields. All he has to do is walk a little bit to our spots so I know he can get there. She cave drive us up north and I can take him hunting. He swallowed by himself and he can say it shits. That's good. He looks mad cause he can't say what he wants but my mom is a happy with that. It means he's thinking about what to say but can't get it out and he says shit a lot at home. I saw that someone put this on the big page and I don't know how to put it ther too but I have to go soon and want to answer his messages. Sincerely, Collin

13-Jun-17
Praying for Shane and the rest of you too.

13-Jun-17
One last thing about the books, his favorite book is called the poachers son. He likes outfit adventures. If you want to send him something text me in a private message. My mom wanted to post his picture here and he looked mad. He doesn't want anyone to think he's a "pussy".

13-Jun-17
Thanks for the update Collin! He ain't no pussy! and if anyone ever dared to say he is, I will kick their A$$$ and I am definitely not a pussy:)

Scar, and they don't call me that cuz I'm pretty!

13-Jun-17
Prayers for his full recovery Collin.

13-Jun-17
Collin, Thank you for the updates. Your father and your family are in our prayers. Glad to here the good news. Tell him I am a big guy and everyone thinks we are invincible, we are not. It is okay to ask for help and prayer, we all need them. Anything you all need say the word. Brian and Kathy

13-Jun-17
Hang in there. Especially you, Collin. If you have the itch to shoot your bow or take a hike scouting, let us know. I'm sure there are a bunch of us that can make that happen rather quickly.

13-Jun-17
Thanks for the update Collin, you and your dad have a seat in my truck when he's ready. We'll get the dogs and go tree some bear for the weekend. Shane, thinking of you all the time. Prayers for continuing improvements. You have a tremendous family there with you and us here pulling for you. Get well bud!

13-Jun-17
Glad to see he's doing a bit better that's great. Hopefully everyday is a stronger one. Hoping you'll be back and ready for bow season. Hang in there Shane, one day at a time. We're all hoping your out of there soon!! If you need some deer magazines or dvds or whatever let me know

14-Jun-17
Glad to hear he's progressing. Keep it up.

14-Jun-17
Glad to hear he's progressing. Keep it up.

14-Jun-17
Still praying for you guys! Remember Shane we are all pulling for you man! Get rested and keep up the fight! God bless you and family members!!

14-Jun-17
Prayers going out for all involved. Stay strong Shane! BC

14-Jun-17
Shane, you sure have a lot of guys on your side & hoping for your recovery. Prayers to you my man. Fight the good fight. Get better! We are rooting for you!

14-Jun-17
Shane, you recently tried to get me on some lease near Osseo and the few conversations we've had, you have been very wonderful. Sorry to hear about your terrible news, but thankful to hear about your recovery so far. Long road ahead, but your a fighter and you'll get through this. Stay positive! Many prayers your way from our family and our church said a prayer for you on Sunday. Best wishes! Thank you Collin and Mom for the updates.

14-Jun-17
Sad news, you just never know... Thank you for the updates. I will be pulling for him. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

14-Jun-17
Best wishes to you Shane and your family as well.

16-Jun-17
Just a quick update. Collin will respond to messages later. Shane's continuing to improve rapidly. His speech is still no good but his motor skills are vastly improving. It will be hard to get him to do any PT today because of the golf tournament. We bought him tickets for Father's Day so he is supposed to be there. When I turned it off from the tv yesterday he clearly said the f word and looked really mad at me:-)

16-Jun-17
Well, I guess turning off the golf tournament gets his speech therapy going. Good to hear he is rebounding. Hopefully it will be a full rebound for him.

16-Jun-17
Ha!

Is he cognizant enough to lay some money on the line yet? ;-)

16-Jun-17
Coming along

16-Jun-17
Keep it giing Shane.

16-Jun-17
It's funny how almost every one I've known that's had a stroke. Their first words when recovering were curse words. We are praying every day and thinking positive thoughts.

16-Jun-17
Hey boys. It's me! Duck toy too. Feeling good. Just can't talk. You made me cry do your all ads hooked. Casey, Now I want to smoke against. Thanks bro! Ass holes.

16-Jun-17
Sorry fellas., he's going to be that way for a couple weeks. The better he types The better he's getting. !!!!!!!! He also walked today. So mad he couldn't watch golf he wanted to kick me!!!!! I'm happy with that.

16-Jun-17
I think he was saying f u too. After his sentence you're all a holes. He will not be smoking again:) be patient and he will learn to swear at all of you!

16-Jun-17
Comb her she don't talk for me am dumb you too

16-Jun-17
F her She doesn't talk for me!!!! F u too. Hope he can swear here. We are getting a fish fry tonight. My goal is for him to say it was really good and recommend the name of the restaurant to you. We'll be here all night so bear with us please.

16-Jun-17
Thanks and I dot Mary ever again. No hunting for me do I need a good camaraderie. No CEO Bowguy

16-Jun-17
Hahaha! No crossbow I think. That's what Collins saying. Don't know for sure on that one.

16-Jun-17
Keep it up! Great that you are back!!

16-Jun-17
Hi no crossing for sure. We have a kid and a camera

16-Jun-17
I'm glad your doing better Shane. Nothing wrong with playing camera man for your boy!

16-Jun-17
Super to hear you are coming around. Wish you all the good luck for continued healing. Must be tough, but we all know you'll get there. Tough dudes do that! Keep it up my friend, we all support you! You have a lot of friends on this forum...

16-Jun-17
Hay I'm I fine just can't talk and need my boy to give me a piggyback for my spot

16-Jun-17
Lol!

Good thing you never gained any weight but somehow bred some healthy looking kids. That older one that plays football probably wouldn't even feel you on his back.

You're not going to go xgun on us are you?

16-Jun-17
NO CROSSBOWS. collin has a can't

16-Jun-17
He can shit a deet

16-Jun-17
Collin can shoot a deer. Sorry. Hard to keep up. Shane will use a camera.

16-Jun-17

16-Jun-17
great to see the progress,keep up the good work all

16-Jun-17
Crusader you are rockin it! Keep going man!

16-Jun-17
Yeah he's sound asleep now. You guys wore him out.

16-Jun-17
Great news Shane and family, Keep up the good work. Keeping the prayers coming your way.

16-Jun-17
Great to see some progress! We're all pulling for you buddy!

16-Jun-17
Glad to hear & see you're recovering so fast. A friend of mine (early 60's) had a stroke last Nov. He was casting for muskies opening weekend. My $ is on Shane.

16-Jun-17
Crusader, I don't know you Abby further than by screen name. I do know you're always the positive one, and down to earth. Keep getting better and awesome job so far!

17-Jun-17
Ha! Glad to be called an azzhole!! Continue that improvement. Do what the doctors tell you to do so you can keep up that good work.

17-Jun-17
Awesome progress!!! Keep at it!!!!

17-Jun-17
Crusader.... so glad you are improving. Work hard and do everything they tell you to do "PT".

17-Jun-17
Great News ! Glad your improving

17-Jun-17
Keep at it man progress is great! We'll keep praying. Keep positive!

18-Jun-17
Thoughts and prayers still comin from the north eastern part of the state. cuss all ya want bud it's normal for stroke victims lol

18-Jun-17
Good morning and happy Father's Day. Forgive my typing the other day. I was pretty looped up. I can read good and understand things. I'm feeling much better. Takes a long time to type because my left hand doesn't work very well yet. I can't talk good yet either but I'm making progress. I am very week tough. I hope I get enough strength back by hunting season. I may need to use Collins bow or I'll just be his came man. I just wanted to say thanks again for all of your prayers and well wishes.

18-Jun-17
Happy Father's Day Crusader. It certainly makes it more special with your progress.

18-Jun-17
CD - good to hear from you. Look at where you are now compared to two weeks ago. Making progress! Keep it up, we all wiosh you well.

18-Jun-17
Happy Father's Day Shane. One day at a time. Glad to hear you are making progress. You continue to be in my prayers.

18-Jun-17
Happy Fathers Day C D. Happy to see you making progress everyday. Keep it up!

18-Jun-17
Happy Father's Day Shane!

18-Jun-17
Shane, keep up the good work! So, glad to hear you're making progress. Plenty of people rooting for you.

18-Jun-17
@Crusader dad: May GOD be merciful and keep you healing. This is your given chance to find your way into the light. Please take it. Most of us wander blindly thru life never to find our way into HIS grace. GOD bless you and your family.

19-Jun-17
Chin Up Shame - Many people here pulling and praying for your full recovery!!

Get Well!!!

19-Jun-17
Keep up the recovery.. 4 months till the Rut, plenty of time at the pace you are on.

19-Jun-17
Your improvement is awesome CD, keep it up!

19-Jun-17
Praying for ya everyday CD .

19-Jun-17
Shane, wishing you well from Oklahoma. Hope you improve to 100%. Prayers continued.

19-Jun-17
Happy to hear from you. Keep fighting never stop!! The

19-Jun-17
Happy to hear from you. Keep fighting never stop!! The

21-Jun-17
What up boys!!! Just finished another day of Pt! And speech therapy, (she's hot!!!) Austin my oldest son dropped off my phone and his first big check ass my managing partner! He was pretty excited. Unfortunately now that he sees what I charge he wants a raise.... damn kids. He's also taken it upon himself to bid a couole jobs and I'm sure I'll lose money on those. But he will at least do a perfect job on them.

Me, myself, I'm doing great! My left leg is working better every day. I can pee without someone aiming for me!!! My left hand still doesn't do what I tell it all the time but it's coming around. I can walk up and down the hallways and my wife lets me hold her hand! Ther is another guy her that wants to do the same. Maybe I'll kick his ass. My face looks wired still and it might always look like that. I can eat all my own real food and type good by myself. The hot speech girl says I'm doing good but it's still hard to say what I want most of the time. My Brian is back to normal tough.

Responding to all the pms right here,,,,, I don't want cards or books... thanks but I dont like that. Your prayers are more that I could have ever asked for and I appreciate that. The library here SUCKS so when I get out I'll post my address and then I can donate all the books you send me. I may read a few firsts. I am going to post a book drive on the main page and here. That way we can get a lot of them. I'll pr was some before I give them away.

Fellas, this sucks. Take care of your body and eat right. If I new this would happen to me I would not have lived the life I did. Also. Contradicting that sentiment live your life like there is no tomorrow. Love your wives kids and friends. With my heart to unless I get a new win I'll be dead by 40. My kids will be grown and I've toughly them good so it's fine. I worked hard so and treated her good and my wife will have money to. Do the same for your family because when you die that is what matters. Don't leave any doubts. Or regrets. I wish I could stand and give my family a real hug right now and I can't even say I love you right. It comes out like a different language. Don't be that guy.

21-Jun-17
Besides to men who I hang out with you are the only friends I have and I appreciate you. Thank you.

21-Jun-17
What an inspiration! Keep working at it and post pics of the speech therapy babe.

21-Jun-17
God bless you Crusader. I hope nothing but the best for your recovery.

A couple pics of the speech therapy honey wouldn't hurt too ;-)

21-Jun-17
Hahaha I'll see if she'll let me sneak one. look tomorrow. Hoping to be out of this bitch by the 4th. We always have a huge party at my house. Be nice to be there for it. I usually cook for 100 people. Wonder who's cooking this year? Maybe I can use drink beer!! Hoping my boy finds a grown up to buy thi fireworks.

21-Jun-17
Shane IS BACK!!!

21-Jun-17
Nice job Shane!!!

21-Jun-17
You are doing great. Good advice we all need to take. Keep working at it and you will get better. Looking forward to your posts.

21-Jun-17
Hang tough Shane. This is just a test and god only give us what we can handle. Keep after it!

21-Jun-17
Maybe I'll stop by trader Jack's on my way down sometime.

22-Jun-17
Great news Shane!! Sounds like you're on the road to a full recovery. Keep up with the PT and you'll be back to your old self in no time.

22-Jun-17
Crusader - I got to this party late so my best wishes are aimed at getting that brain re-wired so your speech and left side will listen again. It must be incredibly frustrating to know what you want to say but then hear something completely different come out. Probably incredibly scary too.

It was especially sad to read this after reading about your eating better and working out you had started this spring. Maybe without that work you have put in, the stroke would have been worse...

You are young enough that the long-term prognosis is probably good, but now comes the frustrating part where the progress isn't measured in leaps and bounds but in PT baby steps. Sounds like you have the perfect wife and kids to help out on this journey.

I know that your wife and kids (and you) say that you are stubborn, but if you need anything from the twin cities, send a pm and I will help where I can.

22-Jun-17
You brought us some good words to live by!!! Thanks Shane. Now...get even better man!!

23-Jun-17
Great to hear Shane! As far as the dead before 40 comment, only God knows the time and place of our parting. Stay positive and pray daily... Miracles happen ALL the time!

God Bless and continued prayers your way brother!

Scar.

24-Jun-17
Crusader, Great to hear things are getting better for you! Hang in there and God Bless you and your family!!

24-Jun-17
Hey Shane, prayers from Illinois. We don't know each other but we are brothers of the bow. I know you better than you know me. I lurk on the Wisconsin forum all the time, because The Illinois forum seriously sucks, since you guys are so close I always enjoyed the threads on the Wisconsin forum and know you "well" from reading your responses, we are a lot a like. I have been putting in for a non-resident bear tag for Wisconsin for past 9 years and I'm going to put in for drawing (next time around), if I draw not sure where you live, but I'm going to swing by for a beer and chat.

24-Jun-17
Glad to hear you continue to improve. Snuck up North with the kids and we were shooting our bows and talking about you and my buddy's mom who's having some health issues. We discussed taking nothing for granted and I heard them mention you to their "cousins by choice". So you've got the kid contingency pulling for you.

27-Jun-17
Just posted a nice update. Didn't go through so here's a short version. Wife surprised me with all my fam fromAZ and our originally scheduled camping trip. Dr J let me out Friday cause he trusted her to take care of me. My buddy got my boat all set up and ready to go and the girls shined "beerly legal" up nicely. I got to drive my own boat, they brought my gas grill so I could cook and I even had some beers. My left hand is sometimes doing what I tell it, I have a slight limp and I talk like a guy with a big wad of tobacco in my mouth. But I feel great. And looking at the pictures my face doesn't droop like it was either. Yes "he" works good too! I still have pt and speech therapy every day and can't go back to work yet.

Cindy wants to throw a big barbecue for you guys the second sat of august. I do have room for tents, (campers(2/3could fit in my driveway.) and an extra bedroom. By then I should be able to do all the grilling and we can shoot in my backyard. I have a HUGE pool and fire pit so your whole family could come with. I'll make an invite thread on that.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT. Any one of you are welcome at my house or hunting camp any time! I always have beer in the fridge and my target is always out.

Please let this thread die right now knowing I'm expecting a full recovery!

27-Jun-17
Also craziest thing, we were in the bar/lodge on sat night. I was cold. A guy had a stroke right in front of us. My wife and sis took care of him till the ambulance came. My sis is a nurse too. It was scary to watch.

28-Jun-17
Im newer to bowsite, but have read a lot of the threads and thrown my 2 cents in on a few. Came across this and want you to know you, and your family are in my prayers! Stay strong!

21-Jul-17
After taking my annual 4 month sabbatical (Busy season) from Bowsite I came across this thread. I had to do some research to see what happened. Great to hear that you are on the mend Shane. Take care, Trapper

21-Jul-17
Thanks Trapper, it was very scary for me to be stuck inside my own head. My thoughts were clear but I could not express them at all. My recovery has been great and I actually went back to work this week. I'd say I'm at 95% and that 5% is just the fact that I'm a lot weaker now. I used to be strong for a skinny guy. Now I'm just a weak skinny guy.

21-Jul-17
Crusader, did you have any warning signs or medical issues before? Any idea what caused the stroke?

21-Jul-17
I had a heart attack two years ago on Valentine's Day. Drs said I was fully recovered and had nothing to worry about. Just that I should eat healthier. Exercise wasn't an issue with my job and my lifestyle. If I took a day off work it was to walk at least 27 holes of golf. I had some blockage but have been taking a blood thinner. I have since found out that I actually have a heart defect and need a new one. Those issues were/are not supposed to show themselves for at least a few more years. (Maybe not for many years)

I never did change my diet. I ate a lot of fast or processed foods for lunch because I am busy and had to eat on the run. +I like how they taste. I also smoked cigarettes. Maybe 7 per day. I like them. I also smoked a couple puffs of MJ about every other day after work only when my shoulder was hurting really bad. It's shot and needs to be scoped. I cannot handle pain pills so I used MJ.

My wife, the nurse, swears it was my diet. We ate well at home. Home cooked meals every day but fridays. Now it's mostly nasty ass boneless skinless chicken breast and veggies. Yuck! (I'm definitely keeping all my deer this year and eating that instead)

Wed had a good productive day working on the house. I had grilled some marinated steak fajitas and her and I had about three beers each. I remember thinking about getting lucky that night! Then I remember feeling odd. My left arm isn't working... Cindy, I can't tell you that.... why are you looking so panicked??? Then I woke up two days later at froedert in Milwaukee. That's all I know. It happened that fast. Luckily she is a nurse and works with strokes ALL the time. She knew right away and called 911.

I knew I'd be fine the day I could finally say the F word. That and shit were my first two words. That same day I was able to do a lot more with my left leg. It took a while for my arm and hand to catch up but overall it felt slow at the time and feels fast now.

To answer your question truthfully, no we didn't see it coming. I'd been working out, had a four pack and was working on a six pack, I'm not overweight, I run up and down and carry ladders every day. I'm only 34 yrs old. If they hadn't started the medical process so quickly I may have had more permanent brain damage. There is a medecine they give you and the sooner you get it the better your chances.

Remember this

F.A.S.T. Face, arm,speech,time if you notice those symptoms in a loved one, call 911 right away! Time is very important! This is now the end of my psa:-)

P.s. I now smoke 4 cigs per day(still like it), eat zero fast or processed food. That boneless skinless chicken is now officially the Bain of my existence!! Smoke 0 MJ(I might get a little if collin can't go hunting with me);-) I take my medication religiously, exercise daily and the wife's been giving it up more than ever! So I should be good for another year or two.

21-Jul-17
And btw, you guys really did make me cry happy tears reading all of your posts of support and prayers. I will never be able to thank you enough. It really meant a lot to me.

22-Jul-17
Crusader dad, many ways of fixing skinless chicken (spices) which are very healthy once you get to know which way you like em and kill the cigs not worth the internal damage. Thank the good Lord for your recovery, I have a recent client that was beaten (gang initiation) and had part of his frontal brain removed and know it is putting the pieces back together to get a life that he lost, was an accountant, so feel bless and love each day you have with the family and friends, it can be lost in a heart beat. Be well and good hunting.

22-Jul-17
Brother was 45 years old, didn't smoke or drink and jogged all the time. It was opening day of little league and his son was starting pitcher. His son said dad are you ready to go? My brother said have mom take you, I am going to jog down to the field. He never showed but the police did. They found him dead with a massive heart attack laying on the side of the road. Doctor said he was dead before he hit the road. Enjoy each day as it could be your last. Glad you are well Crusader.

• Sitka Gear